Headed to Missouri

• big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Fishing my first Tourny of the year tomorrow down in Missouri. Drew #11 out of 52, not too shabby for luck there. 52 boats, $100 a boat, payout 1st-5th, $500 big bass. Pretty familiar with the lake itself, the weather on the other hand…..I am stoked either way.. Is it 4 yet?
    Hoping the “show me state” shows me something

emover
    Malcom, IA

Good Luck Big Dog
    Let us know how it goes.
    only 90 more minutes

dave

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

52 boats plus the locals made for an intersting day on a 1,000 acre lake. 1st place went to a bag of 6 fish for a weight of 27.6 lbs, and they took big bass 6.66lbs. We started on the North end of this lake following a creek channel in standing timber, working our way along this channel. We were in a mix of boats, the first place guys were “anchored” on a bend, creek channel, protected by steep banks and were culling 4 pounders by ohhhhh 7:45. We had our chances as well. I was using 17lb Vanish Fluero, snapped 2 on the hookset, brand new, fresh knots…etc. My partner lost 2 keepers in wood. No excuses, just what happened. The fish were there, I don’t think we were. Weighed in 3 fish, 8.16. Finished in the middle area, but definitley not contending with over 6 bags of 20 pounds of fish.
    Water temps were 48 degrees at start (7 a.m.) and 50 by weigh in (3 p.m.). Nice temps, light winds, everything was right weather wise.
    Green pumpkin, black/blue jigs,1/4 oz Picassos. Square bill cranks, spinnerbaits in the timber early, jerkbaits in coves, and a few dinks on a splitshot lizard.
    The first one is over.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Sorry to hear it wasn’t in the money, but excellent rundown of conditions and info. Like you said 1st one’s over, now bigger and better times ahead

dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.