Life Preservers

• hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

How many have ever used the inflatable life vest and what do you think about them.

Sospenders is one i’ve seen and Cabela’s has a version under their name endorsed by Gary Roach.

They are Coast gaurd approved.

Less weight and bulk, any other pros or cons???

waterfowler99
    Midwest

they are uscg approved. i have seen ads and they appear to work. all lot of professional fisherman are wearing them. i bought one last month to save time when i fish as a co-angler.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

What do you mean “Save time as a co-angler?”

waterfowler99
    Midwest

WHEN THE GUY SAYS WERE MOVING, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SET MY RODS DOWN AND SIT,NOT PUT ON JACKET AND FUMBLE W/ ZIPPERS AND CLASPS, WASTING HIS TIME.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I would hope that guys aren’t giving you a hard time for that.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

SPEED IS OF THE ESSECENCE IN THE BASS WORLD, OR SO THATS THE WAY I SEE IT. WHEN SOMEONE IS PUTTING UP 750 TO MY 350 I WANT TO DO WHAT EVER I CAN TO MAKE IT ENJOYABLE FOR BOTH. THE BOATER MAY BE SAYING IN HIS HEAD ONE MORE CAST AND IM GONE WHILE IM CONCENTRATING ON ANY SPOT HE MISSES. I JUST WANT TO SAVE THE GUYS WHO DO THIS FOR A LIVING SOME TIME.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I also have a horseshoe style inflatable and I love it.

Once you wear it a few times you can fish with it on and not even know it is there.

I recommend them for sure

gunflint
    gunflint trail, mn

I’m one of those guys that never wears a PFD. That is until this year. I bought a SOSpenders self-inflater this winter and I’ll be wearing it this season. Just getting old I guess.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I’ve heard that if you get checked by a CO and you’re not wearing it,you can be ticketed.It doesn’t qualify as a PFD just by being in your boat.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Slop,

Have you ever had it inflate? Intentionally or Accidently?

Can you readily purchase the CO2 cartridges?

Guys,

Thanks for the imput!!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

No I haven’t..but I believe the replacement cartridges range from 8-15bucks??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.