Attn: PowerPro Users

• JTBagwell
    Andalusia, IL

I know a lot of you on here use PowerPro so I just thought I would pass this along to anyone that uses PowerPro or might be tempted to do so by the unusually low price. This came straight for the PowerPro website (www.PowerPro.com)

JT Bagwell

WARNING

Counterfeit PowerPro has been spotted on the internet, in Asia, and now in Europe. The counterfeit line has only a fraction of the “strength to diameter” ratio of genuine PowerPro and performs far below the rated strength listed on the box label.

The packaging is replicated with such detail that it’s nearly impossible to spot a fake spool. However the counterfeit line is being sold at about half the price of PowerPro’s suggested retail price.

At this time, the counterfeit line has not been spotted in the United States; however, it is best to be cautious of any PowerPro line being sold at a drastically low price.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Good info. Thanks for the heads up!

pittmd

Makes a person wonder if the guy that was having a hard time with FireLine breaking all the time was suffering the same fate?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

That reminds me, I have 10 cases of PowerPro to sell. They retail for $12 ea at Gander but I will sell for half that at $6 ea. I do not know what pound test they are because it is in Chinese, but looks like 8 lb. Make a offer on the whole lot B.O.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Is it just me…or does this sound a little odd?

“nearly impossable to tell the differance”….except the price.

Think it was factory rejects?

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Thanks for the heads up!!

JTBagwell
    Andalusia, IL

You are all welcome.

BrianK, that is a good hypothysis.

JT Bagwell

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Thanks for the heads up JT. I was thinking of buying some on eBay, but I think I will stick with the local supplier, just to be safe. I’d hate to lose the fish of a life time over 6 or 8 bucks!

JTBagwell
    Andalusia, IL

You are welcome John, that is how I look at it too.

JT Bagwell

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.