REMOVING BOAT ID NUMBERS

• diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

I just recently purchased a fiberglass bass boat and I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how to get the old ID numbers off without messing up the finish on the boat? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Use a hair dryer and blow it over the old numbers, when they get warm peel them off.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Use a heatgun or hair dryer( that will loosen up the adhesive on the sticker) and your Wife’s or girl friend’s finger nail.
    It’s important to include your significant other in your fishing endevors!

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Once you get the old ones off with heat, if there is still adhesive left on your boat and you want it off Goo Gone works great for that.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Yep, what they said. Also, if you have a steamer, they work really well too.

danwi
    westby wi

I’ve used Orange Blast to get the adhesive off before

diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

Great. Thanks for all the suggestions

AndrewEaton

I recently performed this task using both heat and citrus based cleaner. It was slow and the citrus had a difficult time with the adhesive. I got some 3M adhesive remover from Walmart, it worked really well…and fast. It’s not citrus based, so make sure that you test it first so that it doesn’t take your finish off too!

emover
    Malcom, IA

I agree with getting the wife involved in your fishng activities, my fingers burned for a week

dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.