Website problems/issues….

• barc
    SE MN

By the description of this forum it seems like it should be a location/repository of common problems and issues that the users encounter or the webmaster(s) are working on. I know that Rivereyes posted a subject that gathered technical input a few weeks back (anonymous users) but there was no information posted here?? I have noticed an improvement in the performance on the site lately however I have also noticed a few times in the last week or so where my browser (IE) comes back repeatedly with the “unknown server/url” message… I go to other url’s and do not encounter a problem loading their web pages so it appears to be isolated to this site/server?? If you are making some changes or upgrades to the site it would be valuable information to the users that are interested if you would post it and this seems like the logical location. Plus if you need feedback on debugging an issue you would have a location for gathering that type of information.
    Barc

admin

Barc

This is exactly the place for such posts. We appreciate you taking the time to share what you’ve noticed with us. We did have some serious problems that have been remedied. The issue was with our host’s network. A couple hard to pin-down issues that took some time to resolve. But we appear to have climbed that hurdle.

As for the issue you mentioned…. I’ve not noticed that issue and you are the first to bring it to our attention. Again, we appreciate that. Our last know tech problems regarding site-wide access issues were attributed to software (software just stopped running for no other reason than it felt like it). They were resolved within minutes and we were up and running again. If your access problems were very short-lived, this may have been the problem.

If you have any additional info you feel relevent to this issue, send it to us in a PM. We appreciate greatly your effort to bring this issue or any others to our attention and we incourage others to do the same. Afterall, any site that processes millions of different requests from different locations running various browsers and operating systems is going to encounter problems. And we’d like the chance to fix them all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.