Gas at Lunch………………………………..

• hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

No not that kind of gas?????????????

At the local Holiday station here in Plymouth over lunch hour I saw gas for 2.49 a gallon. And I almost feel good about it until I remembered seeing the tonight show last night.

Did anyone catch Donald Trump on Jay Leno last night?

He really shamed the petroleum company for gouging the consumer and using hurricane Katrina as an excuse. He asked “what oil shortage? We don’t have a gas shortage currently, so why did the price jump up to $3.00- $4.00 a gallon and more in some places.”
    He chastised our government officials for letting this slide too.
    He went on to say how can an industry that made a 11 billion dollar profit last year justify doing this with out an explanation. Or be held accountable?

Can you say corruption?

He wondered why the government would try to berate and prosecute some lumberyard for gouging the consumer on the price of plywood but ignore the Big Oil boys when it comes to gas price gouging?

Me too, how about you?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I for one would like my gas rebate check now Mr. Bush

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

BlueFleck, Good one.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Oh Come On Now Mr. Ecnook! You can’t blame Bush for this!

He doesn’t even know the big shots at the oil companies.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

gary_wellman
    South Metro

No ya don’t Dave……..We had a Governer who thought that would be a good idea………….Now he is pretending he is a Pirate from the Carribean……….

gordonk
    mpls

I trade this stuff for a living. There was a $10 per barrel premium put in by the industry for risk premium during the Iraq war / terrorism. The speculators added a six or seven dollar premium in July when NOAA announced it would be an even worse hurricane season and then the specs added another six or seven dollars when they closed our Saudi embassy for a “credible” threat. (I notice it’s still standing.) Then, when Katrina shows up, the market added another ten dollars. There is at least a $30 excess to the price of oil. As far as refining capacity, the oil companies have been voluntarily shutting down refineries to boost their margins. We have more crude oil than in the summer of “02, yet less refining capacity than the early nineties. What ever happened to war profiteering?

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

He went on to say how can an industry that made a 11 billion dollar profit last year justify doing this with out an explanation. Or be held accountable?

Can you say corruption?

WHAT WERE THE PRICES A YEAR AGO I’M THINKING $1.75 OR SO ?

PRICE INCREASE = PROFITS

COINCIDENCE ?? I THINK NOT

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Bush family = oil companies= $2.00 – $3.00 per gallon gas + republican congress = $3.00 – $4.00 per gallon gas. At lease when the democrates “give” it to you, they tell you they love you, and use KY.

All of this will continue to happen until there is another American Revolution……

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I agree on the supply/demand scenerio. When the playing field is level, that works. When the society and culture that we live in demands that we us a determined amount of a product that = demand. When the oil companies and the polititians control the supply side, ie no new refineries since the 1960’s, then the amount of crude oil is moot. That is not true supply, it is derailed supply by the above mentioned players. So, supply/demand is nongratta hear.

If supply/demand is going to work here, more refineries have to be built to handle the amount of crude that is available. When production of the finished product meets the available raw material, ie crude oil/gasoline…then there will be a true supply. In this case supply is regulated for the purpose of creating a shortage. In this scenerio, we the consumers get it in the end….pass the KY.

Those of you out there that don’t see this should use some of the KY to help work your head out of your political orface.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well I could have ased for my check from Hillary Clinton

emover
    Malcom, IA

Tim,
    I did see Leno and the Donald, and he went on to say that he felt it was the people negotiating the price from Saudis and others. We need more hard nosed negotiators, and he’d be happy to volunteer. I think that might be worth the price of admission.

I did see we dropped a dime in cost locally today from time I came to work until lunch. Go figure.

If there’s a line for checks, count me in

dave

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Yeah, and President Bush hates black people and republicans caused the hurricane too!

I must wave the BS flag for that statement Dave.

There is a hand signal we used to use in the Navy. Place one hand cupped over the other that is made into a fist. Now pull the cupped hand straight up off of the fist but as you do close your fingers of the cupped hand as if you were trying to pick something up. The Hand made into a fist represents your head, figure out what the other one represents.

You want the price of gas to go down? Stop using it. Or stop voting for stricter and stricter pollution controls and against drilling in ANWAR and off our own coast such as florida and start calling on your reps to push for the construction of new refineries. There is plenty of oil, its refining capacity we lack.

I have always tried to support whatever person/candidate that seemed to mirror my own views regardless of political affiliation, but lately I cannot even fathom what a mess we would be in had the Dems won the Presidential race. The Dems today do not even remotely resemble what Dems were when Kennedy was Pres.

This is about oil companies, not politics.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good one briank!!! or the heads of the oil countries eigther. Theres been so much price fixing in the oil industry that it makes me sick. Why is the oil so high right in iraq and its not because of the war and its problems thats forcing it up.

herb
    6ft under

Sorry to disagree Fish, but drilling in ANWAR won’t aleviate our high fuel prices. All the crude in Alaska goes to Japan. Just where do you think the oil from ANWAR will be going? And even when they do start drilling ANWAR, it is said it would likely be 10 years before that oil gets into the market.
    I heard a long time ago that the wells in this country were capped because it cost too much to get out of the ground. This was back when oil was at 27.00 to 35.00 per barrel. What are they waiting for now?
    There is alot of oil in the US waiting to be taken plus Mexico and south america. It’s all alot closer to us than the Mid East oil I believe.
    I’m all for supply and demand on this subject, and I know a lot of our supply comes from our own Gulf, but how about getting more of our supply from some place other than the Mid East.
    Not to be controversial, just my thoughts on the matter.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

“This is about oil companies, not politics.”

“WHOA DUDE”, believe this…When you deal with oil companies, your dealing with politicians, and when your president and vice president have been in bed with the oil companies “FOREVER”…..you are talking politics. Take a little check on George sr. and his three boys….all four of them smell like crude.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

RIIIIGHT!!!!!

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

As the rich get richer in this country they can, and do, strongly influence the politicians. The oil people are very rich and have a lot of power – they want to increase their profits. Our current administration appears to be doing everything possible to make the rich richer at the expense of everybody else. As an independent voter I think this is the worst administration our country has had in my lifetime. Don’t get me wrong here, as I also believe the second worst administration was about 40 years ago when the democrats were in power with another Texan leading us.

Dave Gulczinski

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.