..now I are one!

• emover
    Malcom, IA

Well a week ago today, I was back at work after fetching home a new (to me) boat, my wife had returned to work after 12 weeks of recovery from her heart surgery, and I was thinking of trying to get brave enough(never been on P4, and still a rookie boater) to head for the IDA GTG. Then things started to happen, like a call from my wife on Friday, saying the doctor thought about inducing my daughter, but decided instead to put her on bed rest and having her back for a checkup every 24 hours. That meant dad was on call for the weekend. No problem, it was just a few days ago I couldn’t even spell Grandpa, now I are one. My daugher Tiffany gave birth to our first grandchild, Brandon Lee, on Sunday at 5:09PM. He was 7lbs 3oz and 21 inches long at birth. Mom and baby doing well, Grandpa proud as can be. Grandma also rather excited.

Although Tiffany said something about Brandon can’t go out in Grandpa’s boat this year. (just because we spent a week on Le Homme Dieu when she was only 3 weeks old, like she even remembers) That’s OK I can see an Avid and a Shimano in his future.

One of the father’s cousins gave Brandon a new Vikings outfit, (understand he’s wearing it to come home in). Ya got get ’em started young

dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If your going to miss a GTG…THAT’s the way to do it.

Congrats Grampa!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Congratulations Dave! St. Croix, Shimano, Vikings……… now that’s good grandpappin’! May you have many wonderful years together!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Congrats Dave!!!

Sounds like she got a “keeper”!!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats Grandpa Dave!

New Boat and Grandpa all in the same week

Must be tough !

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Cheers GRANPAW

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

You’ll love it! Spoken from experience. Congrats.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Congrats!!!!!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

AWSOME…new boat, new grandbaby…new toys to get for the youngin…just get him outta that purple stuff….he’s way too young to be embarrasing him like that….get him into some packer stuff quick…maybe its not to late. They say that purple stuff stunts your growth and promotes “4-time-superbowl-loser-itis”.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Congrats

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well that sounds like great news. thanks for sharing it.

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats Grandpa!!!
    Thanks, Bill

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Congrats to you and your family, and its never to early to start them fishing.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks for all the good wishes
    Mom and baby were released from the hospital yesterday, and although I didn’t get a chance to see it, Viking purple ruled the day.

Rob, you’re right it’s tough work but somebody’s gotta do it

Now the fun begins

dave

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.