Does anyone know about group fishing regs?

• thflounder
    Plainfield, IL

I am a recreational coordinator at a nursing home in South Minneapolis and I need some fishing expert advice. Next month is National Senior fishing month and we are trying to plan an outing to pool 2 just below the ford dam for a group of 7-10 seniors. My question is do I have to get licences for all of them to go fishing for maybe 3-4 hours worth of fishing??? They really won’t have a chance to get out again all year. So I don’t want them spending their money to do so, since their budgets are tight as it is. If I don’t get licenses for them, am I breaking any regulations???

Secondly, if anyone is willing to help out for this outing or have a suggestion for a better loction for productive fishing close to south minneapolis please contact me.

Lastly, I am in need of some rod and reel combos, basic is fine, just something that can be used to catch fish. I have my own rods but I only have three and that won’t get 10 people a good chance to catch fish.

Thanks,

Matt Budny
    Providence Place
    3720 23rd AVE S
    Minneapolis, MN 55379

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

In wisconsin there is a “freebie day”, that allows anyone to fish without a license. Get a standard rules and reg’s book from a local baitshop to see if the same applies for Minnesota. If I’m not mistaken, the wisconsin freebie day falls sometime in June. Hope this helps.

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

According to page 13 of the fishing regulations, they are exempt, and not required to purchase a fishing liscence.

thflounder
    Plainfield, IL

Thanks for the info I haven’t had a chance to pick up a copy of the reg book this year so I am greatful for your insight. We will have fun!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.