Need to vent!! Bad home builder experiences, help

• John Luebker

I have a similar question for the group, Hope you do not mind stealing your thread Kooty I was talking with my neighbor yesterday, they started there remodel 1 year and 6 month ago. The contractor he hired finished the majority of it, but there is still some tasks unfinished. Part of the house is still not sided, the new deck is framed but never finished as well as some inside work was never finished. He has contacted him several times and keeps getting the run around. He has since contacted the BBB last week and is waiting for a reply. Is there a next step he should take or can he follow the same suggestions as was giving for Kooty. This is in WI so I am wondering if there are different rules and procedures to follow. I told him about this great website and said I would ask around.

Any feedback I can give him would be great.

John

mkush

Send him a certified letter indicating what you want finished and give him a timeline. Letter must be certified to keep a paper-trail. If you do not hear back you can contact the Att. General. Also, check to see what agencies handle licensing in your state. Report the contractor if he does not finish. As always, before you hire anyone check the BBB. Let me also direct to another BBB. badbusinessbureau.com. Post your complaint. You can also post complaints about contractors on hobb and hadd. We will be glad to get them. Anything to help a “victim”.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.