Hats off to Fin and Feather

• Brian Lyons

Thumbs up to Fin and Feather in Cedar Rapids,IA.

In my search for Sensation Solar I tried everywhere in my area,including Cabelas, Bass Pro,Scheels…all the big boys.
    There is no Fleet Farm within 100miles of me. A couple of good fellows from this board even offered to send me some, that says something for our group here

On a whim I called Fin and Feather last Fri. night. They are only 50 miles from home. Well, not only did they have it in 8#, the salesman said he would put all they had in stock back for me to pick up in the morning. When I got there the next AM sure enough he had done just what he said he would do,I had my line 5 minutes after walking in the store for the first time!

I also noticed they were less expensive on the items that I looked at than the “big boys” Maybe someone from BFT should talk to these guys about carrying our products….I was impressed with their service….B

herb
    6ft under

Brian, do you have a spool to spare? Nobody down here carries it either. And I’m tired of getting funny looks from saleskids whenever I ask about it.
    Not that that’s the only time I get funny looks.

Brian Lyons

Herb;
    I just spooled it on my reels

They only had two spools of 8#. They did have a few more of 6#. I’ll be fishing most of this week, but I can pick some next week and send it to ya……B

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

F&F is less than a mile from work here. PM me and I’ll grab you some Herb. I promise this time I won’t like Ecnook chime in.

This, of course, means you have to take me fishing though.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Big B,
    I too have had great service from F and F in Cedar Rapids, I’ve found I do have to check on pricing, as they sometimes are not always the best, but service and selection will often make up for that. My wife has learned they’re another of “my” stores when we are shopping.
    dave

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey Big B, I just seen this thread about the Fin and Feather store in Cedar Rapids while going through some older threads. If you guys bowhunt or know anyone that does go and see Kelly O’mera at the store, He’s the bowsmith there and is one heck of a nice guy too. He’s very knowledgable on bows and knows them inside and out. Kelly’s a former olympic archery champion and will help anyone with thier archery needs. This is not a plug for Fin and Feather although it is a nice sporting goods store with all the needs for any hunting or fishing anytime of the year, its just if you have any questions about your bow, arrows, fletching, anything just ask and he’ll help you. I bought my first nice bow from Kelly when he had Air one Archery store and lanes here in town. Fin and Feathers has a really nice selection of bows and accesories in stock and will order for anyone.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ya know…Last Saturday I walked out of two stores because the sales people made me feel like I was bothering them. Three other stores gave me ho hum service (neither bad nor good) and I bought stuff there…

It’s great to hear there is a ray of hope out there!

herb
    6ft under

Maybe they saw you coming Hoss.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If that were the case Paaaw, they would have know I would have spent all my money there!

herb
    6ft under

Don’t be spending all your money just yet. Save some for the GTG this winter.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sounds like a poker game to me..

herb
    6ft under

I’m thinking that if we could get BFD, Big B, and a few others to stay occupied in the tent, there would be more fish for the rest of us to catch.
    But what they do in the tent is none of my biz ya know.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

hmmm.

Brian Lyons

Aw Herb…..You know there will be plenty of fish for everyone! It’s the pre-season scouting that makes the difference

Oh yeah, I thought the tent was gonna be our little secret.Im hurt Herb

herb
    6ft under

Something tells me the tent might be crowded so I plan to borrow a 4wheeler (BrianK’s), and see how long it takes to blow DeeZee off the saucer. Do you think he’s game?
    Are ya reading this Steve?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I read the post with pictures from last year…

I have a feeling that skates will be banned (to protect the children) )

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

When & where is the get to gether? The last two days I been dreaming about ice fishing. can’t get it off my mind…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I hear ya G&S! I never have a problem thinking about ice fishing…then, for the last two years…out of the blue…from no where…like waking up an seeing a big 12 point buck sniffing your boot..BAM!

LET’s GO ICE FISHING!

Dang, I hate that!

The best answer right now is when there’s safe ice…so it’s going to be a while yet…considering thar ain’t no ice in ‘soda yet.

Ecnook will post the dates and particulars for the Ecnook Invationanal in the Ice Fishing forum when they become available…

In the mean time…we have time to practice.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.