RCL Tour?

• JTBagwell
    Andalusia, IL

I heard something about Crestliner and Lund owners not being eligible for the RCL bonuses starting next season. (If I recall correctly Genmar sold those two brands.) Does this mean that they are going to change the name of the RCL Tour? LOL Now is it just going to be the “R” Walleye tour?

Just something I thought about when I was very bored.

JT Bagwell

evileye
    Milan Il

I think there may be some changes in the future JT, I called up to brainerd yesterday to see if they had a boat I want ( don’t like the dealers here) and they said they can’t order a lund with a yamaha any more,I’m not that against Merc’s but I’m not going to have a boat company tell me what kind of motor I can have. After 4 lunds it looks like I’ll be fishing out of something else.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The RCL will be the FLW Walleye Tour next year. It will be shaped more like the FLW Bass Tour. All boats will be eligible to fish, but Genmar owners will get preferred sign up. I think this is all a positive as you will see many new sponsors, bigger payouts and a new tournament format. Details should be out soon.

JTBagwell
    Andalusia, IL

Tony,

I know what you mean about the local dealers. That is why I drove all the way to Kentucky to get my boat at Jet-A-Marina. Those guys are awesome.

When I had that problem with my Optimax and Mercury ended up covering it, the owner of the dealership that I took my motor to called me and told me that I cost him $3,000-$4,000. He used a lot of very unprofessional language. I guess he was a little mad that he wouldn’t be able to charge me an arm and a leg for labor rates and he couldn’t mark the price of the parts up sky high.

I guarantee his phone call cost him more than 3-4 grand because I told everyone I know about that deal. He won’t ever see my boat at his place for anything else and I know none of my friends will take their boats there either. The friends that are in the market for new boats definately won’t buy it in Rock Island.

JT Bagwell

ted-merdan

Good attitude Tony –

I am a Yamaha supporter but do feel stongly that this industry is too small for C & L’s to only have black motors on their transoms… you can catch fish out of almost any boat but having a reliable engine on the back is what counts!

ted

jldii

Check around with different dealers. There are more than a few that stocked up on 04, and I believe some 05 Lunds with Yamaha controls just for the reasons you mentioned. Also, you can still get a boat without Merc controls and have a Yamaha dealer install the motor and controls you want. In some cases that could even be the same dealer. Yes it will cost you more money, (2%-4% over the prerigged unit cost) but if you have to have that package, you can still get it. Also, Lund base prices from the factory to the dealers have increased 8% this year!

I’ll check around and see if I can get a dealers name for the 05Lund/Yammi combo for you.

jldii

Tony,

You might want to check out this dealer.

http://www.rapidsport.com

They have a number of Yammi pre rigged New Lunds for sale.

Nelsons Marine in White Bear Lake Mn. has some, as does Mr. Outboard in De Pere, Wis.

Good Luck!

evileye
    Milan Il

Thanks!!for the info JLD, I will call them this am.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Scott,is there a limit on how old your boat can be to fish the FLW(RCL)Eye tour?Lets say you have a 2002,can you still fish an event?I’ve been told by more than a few people that the pro’s have a have boat that is only 1-2 years old?
    Ryan Hale

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Ryan,

Your boat could be 20 years old and fish, you wouldn’t qualify for the bonus $. The boat had to be under original owner and 2 years old or so to qualify for the bonus $.

JTBagwell
    Andalusia, IL

I see that the RCL Tour is no longer. It is now called the FLW Walleye Tour. This doesn’t surprise me at all since Genmar sold their Crestliner and Lund product lines.

JT Bagwell

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.