What a b’day surprise

• emover
    Malcom, IA

If all goes well, I will hit the half century mark later this month. My son and his girlfriend came for the weekend with plans for our family to make a Gays Mills apple getting/leaf looking day. (something we did with regularity as the kids were growing up). Just as we were getting ready to leave, my son asks me to grab my coffee cup and come out to the backyard. I follow him only to find this.

I have wanted a boat for many years and was very hopeful of getting one by next summer. Now I’m like a kid in a candy store. Yes, he and his GF and her family all helped in sanding, painting, cutting treated wood for floor and seats, carpeting, rewiring…etc. My wife and daughter went in on this for my early b’day present. I love my family dearly and am really looking forward to using my new toy.

emover
    Malcom, IA

just one more pic.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You gotta like that. My wife is going to see this post. Looks like a great boat.

newt
    Pillager, MN

2 cool.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Looks like they did a nice job! It’s a good looking rig. Enjoy, and happy birthday!

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I don’t mean this in a bad way but can I use your wife for my next Birthday?

danwi
    westby wi

thats is great story.happy fishing

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Happy B-Day! What a thoughtful family. Nice!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats on the new toy Dave and Happy Birthday

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Happy Birthday!!!

Now thats what I call a Birthday present.

Thanks, Bill

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That’s awesome dude. It looks like a great rig and the work they put into it shows they really care.

Lenny Jamison

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You have a awesome caring family!

This will likely be the most printed thread in IDA history!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

That’s awesome dude. It looks like a great rig and the work they put into it shows they really care.

Sir….. you’re a blessed man! I dare say that you’ve been a great role model for your family for them to want to give so much of themselves….. and I can only imagine that you must have held a tear or two back as the moment unfolded.

On the lighter side…… this comes to mind:

“Need a hug? Buy dad a boat!”

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Happy B-day! What a lucky man! Looks like a nice place you have there too!
    Tuck

redneck
    Rosemount

Nice looking rig. You must have done alot of things right over the years to rate a present like that from the family and the fact they put so much work into it makes it all the more special. With the weather we have been having we expect a fishing report pretty soon from you. Happy birthday!

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

What a lucky man you are! I’ betting it’s nice to have a wife and family that care eh? Hope you manage to slather it up with fish slime soon (the boat I mean)!

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

What a B Day gift You got a good caring family I’d say. Have fun fishing.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY and wishing you many many more.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks to All for the good wishes. Yes I am truly blessed with a great caring family(and extended family). I am thrilled with my new toy, and already having a blast getting ready to use it, PFDs, throwable, anchor rope, cleats, rope, stainless hdwe, transferring title registration, new trailer hitch for my old jeep, gotta love it.
    The timing couldn’t have been better, with what sounds like a great fall bite, I gotta get to it. Hopefully good reports will follow. Let’s see it’s been over 30 years since I’ve driven anything but a tiller…even old dogs can learn.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.