What would you Find?

• BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

What would you find if they drained the Mississippi River Dry! I know over the years I have lost alot of stuff! Couple Rods and Reels! 2 Pair of high priced sunglasses and enough tackle to fill a warehouse!So what have you Lost??

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Let’s see….

Over the years I’ve lost sunglasses, two anchors, a pocket knife, three trolling motor props, a million jigs, 2 jiggle sticks, a really kucky Musky Bucktail when the knot broke (but it sure flew a long ways out there) and a camera. When I was a kid I watched my Dad try to throw the bottom sludge out of his favorite coffee cup and then the handle broke. The cup flew a long way before falling into the lake. He also rigged up a Strip-on Spinner and threw it over the side, neglecting to tie it on first. At least I was old enough to “not notice”

Rootski

evileye
    Milan Il

After yesterday you can add a digital camera

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

The digital camera has got to hurt

I havent really fished the Mississippi, but my local Chippewa River, I know there would be lots of stuff.
    Heres a list of what would be in the Chip, and this may go for the Mississippi too..
    * Sunken Ferries (One in downtown EauClaire, Lake Pepin)
    * Other water craft
    * Human Skeletons

I would also love to drain the river,and see the monstourous fish and their deep holes.

fishandski
    Lakeville

Quote:

What would you find if they drained the Mississippi River Dry!

Jimmy Hoffa

I bet you will find stolen cars too..watched a cops episode where car thiefs would dump the cars in the river after they were done joy riding.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

After yesterday you can add a digital camera

OUCH!!! That stinks!

This question actually makes me wonder what might still be there? If that current can move those big ol’ dead heads around, what are the chances of any of our lost items still being where we lost them?

If items tend to stay where they fall, there’s keys to a company car in the St. Croix river near the Grand Duchess docks.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah my buddy just lost a pole last night. Got pulled right off the V stick

krisko
    Durand, WI

I found a pole and a lure yesterday on the Mississippi. I was back in Indian Slough jigging away and hooked it. It hadn’t been in there too long. I now have an almost new St Croix Rod and Daiwa spinning reel and Rattle Trap. I did lose however 5-10 jigs though oh well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.