Here we go again. This time Jerky

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That worked out well on burgers. I really like a good burger and the suggestions were appreciated by me. Now another one of my favorites. Jerky, either beef or others.

My favorite places are the meat market in Hugo, Dixies on Grand Ave in St. Paul and the all time fav is Lou’s in Two Harbors, MN. His recipe is like no other. To bad he won’t mail it like he does his fish. Oh Gregs meats in Hampton has some pretty special recipes. How about some others??

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Greg’s meats is the only place to go for your meat shopping.

He has more awards for placing 1st place with the sausages that he produces than any other…….

And to top it off……..I used to work there as a kid……..So the meat is all real with no bogus crap or junk meat in it.

So, I’m biased to what he has………..yea, he is my 1st cousin too!!!!

By the way……….did anyone hear about the e-coli in the meat at Sam’s club????

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

West Side Meat in Mobridge SD.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Cool Gary. Gregs is to far away to be our regular butcher but we have had several cows butchered there(and pig) and every time I get by there I pick up jerky and sausages. I wish it were closer. And yes you are biased…

Jira

Meat on Mille Lacs!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Dixies on Grand in St Paul-very good

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I’m a big fan of RJ’s Meats in Hudson. Everything that I’ve had there has been fantastic, from the jerky to the seemingly 100’s of types of brats and sausages. HMM HMM!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

The best Jerky I ever had was from the Brownsdale, MN. Meat locker which went out of business.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Keep looking. You’ll find more good stuff. This discussion make me want to go to Two Harbors. Anyone out there have Lou’s jerky? It is unbelievably and uniquely awsome.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Cut-Rite Meats in Menomonie, WI makes great jerky! Louie’s in Cumberland, WI is also a good place for jerky, with a wide selection of meat snacks and brats. Even though I am a Viking fan, the packer brats at Louie’s are top-notch.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I don’t think I can not mention Butch’s Country Market, Durand, WI. It is that hometown little place that knows how to hit your taste buds.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.