Transom Savor Question

• WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Could someone please explain why My transom savor is slipping on the lower unit of My motor when I traveling about 10 miles down the road to My fishing spot. Yes all straps are tight. It just started doing this tonight.Is there something I should be looking at.I have checked and looked and found nothing broken or moveing
    Thank You

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Not sure but if you are only going ten miles unless the road is really bad probably don’t even need to use the saver.
    It could be that your tilt and trim needs fluid…if you are putting your motor down tight to the saver and it is losening back up could be that the tilt is losing pressure.

You could try putting an old sock on each side to maybe help grip a little better as well…just make sure you don’t get sand on the sock or it will scratch the heck out of the lower unit.
    JB

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Is the ts still curved enough to meet the lower unit square?
    Do you have a rubber strap on the ts around the lower unit? Maybe you need a new tighter strap? Also check the rubber on the ts where it meets the motor. Is the rubber still intact and tacky or is it damaged? Just some thoughts I can picture with mine.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

After you pull your boat out and travel down the road, all boats have a tendacy to “settle” on the trailer. Meaning that after you winch the boat out of the water and then the pressure the boat puts on the strap and winch, it can have a chance of pulling away from the winch stop due to stretch in the strap. After a couple miles down the road, the boat will shift on the trailer and cause the boat to move forward (if the tongue of the trailer is low due to low hitch) or back (due to the other extreme). Either way, most all boats will shift a bit on the trailer, some more than others. My heavy Ranger 620 moves a bit each trip and I even have the trailer perfectly level during tow.

This may or may not be your problem, but definately something to think about.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.