Smallmouth Bass > Rob Stevens 1.66 lbs
    Largemouth Bass > Tom Donaldson 2.60 lbs
    Flathead Catfish > Steve DeMars **39
    Channel Catfish > Chris Simmons **38.5

**Recorded in inches Length + Girth.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Jon,
    I’m confused by the “no entries” under the sauger category?
    I weighed in a sauger but was under the impression that saugers and walleyes were both part of the same category?
    Not trying to create any problems and don’t care if I win a prize. I just put the fish in the contest to get a ticket in the hat. If I would have won a prize that way, fine, if not, fine also.
    The food sure was good!
    Thanks also for all the work you guys did organizing this free event.
    Would have liked to get around to meet a few more of you, but after helping out in the fish cleaning shack, our dog got sick and we didn’t want her throwing up right in the middle of everyone there. Or worse yet, having something even uglier coming out the other end! [image]:p[/image]
    JWB

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

oh gee thanks, i have a mental image that i can’t get rid of now!!!! yeah i do have to agree the fishing was great, the food was even better, and getting to meet everyone was the best.

thanks Jon for doing the weigh in down on the shore. it was nice to see the yar craft out in action. good luck in your tourneys on the big pond.

shane

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

JWB,

The only sauger I recall seeing at the scale was sub 15 inch. (Legal to keep but short for the tourney) I think that’s why you don’t see an entry for sauger.

The rod for the sauger category was raffeled off as a “Wild Card” prize drawn from all tickets in the hat.

Hope that answers your question. If you would like to discuss further, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Jon,
    Thought it was a sauger when I put it in the live well but I probably just didn’t take a close enough look.
    I trust your judgement.
    No big deal either way!
    We had a good time and thats plenty good enough for me.
    JWB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.