Drive to Grassy Narrows, ON – Diesel fuel?

• graberc
    NW Metro

Has any one made the drive to Grassy Narrows, ON. We will be heading that way in one week and it will be my first time there. I have been told that diesel avilablity becomes tough in Cananda. Is there any truth to this and has anyone driven this route with a diesel from Baudette up to Kenora and then north on 671 to Grassy Narrows? Any first had experiences would be great knowledge,..I think I am going to at least pack a 5 gallon can just in case, but it sure would be nice to hear when my fuel availablity will be limited and when I won’t have to worry about it.

By the way, since I can’t go back to the other site, the anti-christ has fallen off his rocker again!, I will become more of a local here, I’ve been spending a lot of time on both sites, but look forward to meeting some new people here, sounds like the better place to spend time anyhow, a little more level headed over in this neck of the woods I think!

Thanks in advance!

Now if I can just find that fishhead guy,…you know the one, he drives a big green rig with a dent in the bow from trying to fly?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Grabs;

Welcome here!!!

I hear you about the “othersite”………Too many angry people over there…………You won’t see any bashing or badmouthing going on here!!!

Enjoy!!!

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Grabs,
    There are a couple of Can Op stations along your route which sell diesel fuel. I can say that most have limited hours, 8am-8pm usually. We have purchased diesel in Sioux Narrows. We run the same route and fill up in Baudette, only one rig has to top off with a fiver to prevent running out, it’s a ford with a 26 gallon tank. It is roughly 370 miles round trip from Baudette.
    You could also head into Kenora on your way home if your planning on traveling early or late. They are open more extended hours and less than ten miles from 671. Are you going to Misty’s on the river?

graberc
    NW Metro

Thanks jetro, so there are a few stations along 671 north of Kenora? I have the Duramax with a 26 gallon tank, if I stay off the pedal and take it easy I shouldn’t have any problem on that round trip of 370 miles, as long as I don’t have a stong north wind! I hear the last 40 miles to Misty’s is a tough one with lots of 90’s and hills. Yes that is where we are going. Heading up with one other rookie and a bunch of vets, 8 people total. Should be a great time, really looking forward to the experience. I think to be on the save side I will pack a 5er just in case, hate to run that diesel out of fuel and need to go through the process of priming the pump again.

Thanks!

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Grabs, the station’s are all on 71. You’ve heard right about 671,it will test fortitude of your vehicle. My first trip up there the road was just gravel and took almost 2.5 hrs to run the 48 miles. Now it’s paved and takes about an hour. There’s nothing on 671 but rocks, trees, lakes and bears. Watch out for the natives, they like to give er. We were up in june and had a blast. Planning to go back up over labor day weekend. Make sure you have plenty of jigs and twister tails/power bait. Good luck and tight lines.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.