ARM Event

• TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

What is the age range of the little’s that we will be taking out. I am going to be packing a cooler, and the wife wants to get some things for the little, and was just wondering what ages these kids are. Don’t think a coloring book for 16 year old, would go over to well.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The youngest kids we’ve had have been in the 8 – 10 year old range. Top end? Around 16 – 17 years old.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Thank you.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Just a heads up for the boaters in the ARM event.. Last year I got into the strippers they were surfaceing and it was very easy to follow the school, my little had a blast fish after fish. Well there doing it again down by the rush if you havent fished the area before there is an easy way to put your little on fish, alls I was doing was casting any crank bait into the school and we had a pile of them!!

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Brian,

Thanks for the information. Do you think they’ll still be there on Friday? Can you follow them by looking for the sea gulls?

Thanks… It’d be a lot of fun to get the little and big into surfacing schools of stripers.

Boone

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

There might be 35 boats following you on Friday morning Brian. Thanks for sharing!! You get that Ranger yet??

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Im still in the tuffy! Im sure they will be somewhere around there! Im going to fish walleye in the morning and most likely hit the stippers after lunch.

kooty
    Keymaster

See ya in the morning. I’m still planning on following you.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Your more then welcome to!

Better big your trolling gear mono/fireline thats what I will be doing in the morning!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Where abouts is the Rush?

We found some white bass last year on the wisc. side up near the dam. Hope they are still around.

Is there much walleye action on the upper streach of 2 right now. How about presentation? Cranks or live bait? I wouldnt mind starting out the morning trolling for eyes also but have no problem switching over to active fish if we come across them.
    Any tips on fish locations will be great.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The walleye bite on pool 4 is VERY good and I’ll point people in the right direction to the best of my ability in the AM. If you’re after eyes I’d recommend split shot rigs n’ light jigs.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

James are you doing best with crawlers or leeches?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Honestly, both. It goes back and forth throughout the day but I would give an edge to leeches for size of late.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

James,
    a point in direction of the ‘eyes would be much appreciated.
    see you guys tomorrow.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Just a heads up for you guys, I did very well on the walleyes Tuesday pulling crawlers through the fifth cut. Stick close to the down stream shoreline and you should do fine.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Last year I got into the strippers they were surfaceing……. alls I was doing was casting any crank bait into the school and we had a pile of them!!

Brian, you were pulling your crank through a school of strippers????? That must have been a lot of fun. LOL

krisko
    Durand, WI

Yeah I’m gonna need a little bit of help up that way. I am good in the southern part of the pool but not the north. I don’t care if you can put me on a school of sheepies for the kids. I just want them to catch fish. I’d like to have an idea of what to use. I’m going to the bait store after work tonight. I need you to be specific on names and stuff. I’ll see you guys bright and early tomorrow.

kooty
    Keymaster

Now Gator, how we gonna win biggest walleye with you giving up all the good spots!! Actually, thanks for sharing!!! I’m off in 30 minutes, headin’ to the grocery store, get some water/gatorade, some candy for the kids and I’m set. OH ya, I have to pack the big kid cooler also, we may need that on Saturday.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Its was a blast! Hopefully Little Joe doesnt out fish me as bad as he did last year.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

You rippin on my spelling again you Bass Turd

Hey Saturday night we could all go throw are cranks at the strippers! the purple building down the road

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.