Marine radios

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

I was wondering if you guys run radios and what channel you run on . Around here (Saylorvile lake ) There are about 8 to 10 of us do. When we hit the water it does not take long to find active fish as we tell each other and welcome them to join in on the fun of catch and release . If someone wants fish we all pitch in and get them some. It is not a club just a bunch of guys who like to fish. We tell each other how deep,color,lure to use,and speed. It is all about having fun on the water. It does make it alot more enjoyable as most of us fish alone because we are all retired old farts. It’s one of those things where the more you have the more fun you have. The one thing you can not do is crowd in because you are always welcome to join in the fun. If one keeps them thats OK and if he releases them thats OK too. We just try to see who gets the biggest one on the honor system . Beleave it or not we have solved alot of the worlds problems out there. hahaha You know two thirds of the world is covered with water so you should spend two thirds of your life on it. Jim

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Hi buddy!
    I’m on channel 6 on Saylorville and Big Creek but I dont hear a lot of chatter. Admittedly, I only turn the radio on occasionally and usually to the weather report. I probably ought to be monitoring the distress channels

Catch ya later,
    Dave

walleyetracker
    Des moines,Iowa

sounds like I need to get a radio,as soon as I retire I think I will look into it…..How old do you have to be to be a OLD FART???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.