IDA get together

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

We are planning on being there. Coming in from Iowa- Des Moines area. Would like to meet some members so we can put a face with the name. We are camping in Lake City . If I understand the rule for the contest we have to go to Everts by water and be there by 3:00 pm . We do not have to regester before hand . Just show up at Everts on time . Is all this right ??? How long would it take to get to Everts from Lake City by water running about 35 mph .? Aprox. time ? We will be in Lake City friday nite in the camp grounds on the north end of town. If you are in the area stop and have a brew and bs for awhile. Look for a Alumacraft with WALLEYETRACKER on the motor and a white chevy in front. We will be a tent also. Jim

stuart
    Mn.

James,Will take you about 30 to 45 min.You have two no wake zones to go through,I strongly sugest you obay them as the fine as of two years ago was $180.00 Stuart

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Thanks for the heads up on the no wake . Jim

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

are you speaking from experience on that one stuart??? that had to hurt the pocket book something fierce.

shane

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Fishing hours are 7am to 3 pm. No Check in. You must arrive at Everts by boat to weigh fish. One fish per angler. Walleye, Sauger and Bass. (Catfish hours are differsnt – see Catfish Forum)

If it is your first trip from Lake City to Evert’s, give yourself a full hour. You can’t run Weekend Ocean Liner wakes at 35mph.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

You must arrive at Everts by boat to weigh fish.

What if I’m fishing off the bank or Steve’s dock and catch a big Bass or Walleye? Do I have to rent a boat from Steve to weigh it in?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Nope. And I know of 2 largies in the 19″ – 20″ range caught off their docks this week. So the winner could come from shore, easily. And the pike are in too.

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Thanks for the head up. Yes it will be our first trip up by water and I’m not sure we will . Might go to Everts and put in . Jim

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is a re-cap of the rules: See “Weigh in”. You now have “Prior Approval” from me to fish off shore. Good Luck.

============================================================

IDA Fish for Fun and Prizes

Overview
    Interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the tournament director. Failure to comply with any rule may result in disqualification. The decision of the tournament director shall be final in all matters. Contestants and members also agree that no litigation against “In-Depth Angling Staff” may take place. All rules have “loopholes”. In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the ‘spirit of the rule’ will prevail in all judgment cases.
    This is a catch and keep tournament. Only one fish may be brought to the scale. You may however posses a legal limit of fish aboard your boat.

PARTICIPANTS & ELIGIBILITY
    Participation is open to the public. Tournament officials reserve the right to deny participation for any reason. Mainly an unsafe boat or no safety equipment aboard, or drunkenness.

AGE LIMITS
    Any person 18 years or under must be a team partner with a parent or legal guardian.

ENTRY FEE
    Zero. The contest is free and open to the public.

CHECK-IN
    No Check in. Fishing begins at 7am. You may launch at any access on pool 3, 4 or 5.

BOAT INSPECTION
    No boat inspection. Please have all required navigational and safety equipment aboard before launching your boat. Including one wearable life jacket for each person aboard and one throwable device.

SAFETY
    Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant should wear a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device at all times when the combustion engine is operating above idle speed.

WEIGH-IN, CHECK-IN
    Teams must check in by the official check-in time at 3 pm to qualify for the free prizes. Boats within line of sight and off plane at the official time are considered on time. You may check in early. You must arrive by water unless prior approval is received from the IDA tournament director.

SPORTSMANSHIP
    All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Drunkenness at any official tournament activity will be considered a violation of the rules.

TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT
    Live bait and artificial lures may be used. Trolling as a method of fishing is permitted. All fish must be caught live and in a conventional manner. Contestants must possess applicable state fishing licenses.

BOAT AND MOTOR
    Each boat must have all state and federal safety equipment. Each boat must have properly aerated or recirculating live well space to maintain a live catch. All outboard motors used during official tournament hours must not exceed the horsepower limitations as indicated on the manufacturer’s rating plate affixed to the boat.

PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS
    All waters of pool 3, 4 and 5. Dam to dam and track to track. Contestants may fish anywhere on the tournament waters accessible by boat except areas designated OFF LIMITS by the tournament director or marked on the water. In case of an emergency/disabled boat, at least one partner may return (by boat) with the catch by the official check-in time. Above all, the safety of the competitors is priority.

OFF LIMITS
    When water is put off limits, all members must abide by the off limits period. Off limits means not on the water. Any fishing, boating, canoeing or any kind of water travel is forbidden on the off limits waters.

WEATHER CONDITIONS
    Tournament officials will only begin tournaments during acceptable and usual weather conditions. It is solely the responsibility of the contestants to be aware of changing weather conditions. If conditions change during tournament hours to unsafe conditions, the contestants are required to seek safe shelter until the weather conditions pass. Remember, you may weigh in early.

BAG LIMITS
    Tournament bag limits will be One fish per team member with a minimum length of 15 inches. State size and bag limits will always take precedence over tournament rules. Species that will be weighed are walleyes, sauger and saugeyes. Scoring will be in pounds/ounces. Culling of fish is not legal. Short fish will not be weighed, but returned to the water immediately. This is a Catch and Keep Tournament. Each angler will weigh one fish.

TIES
    In case of a tie, positions shall be resolved by a coin toss.

LIABILITY
    “In-Depth Angling” Staff, it’s officers and employees, promoters, tournament directors, sponsors and organizations assisting in the tournament operation, their agencies, etc., are not responsible for deaths, injuries, damages, liability, theft, fire, or any loss of any kind to entrants.

——————–

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

“Sweet Action!!” You’ll find my rear parked on the bank slurpin’ drinks and jerkin fish!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Can I sit next to you??? I hate being on the Mississippi with the above said (Weekend Ocean Liner wakes) Plus I need BEER

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

You guys are stealing my thunder. Got room for a third?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Have at it! There will be plenty to go ’round.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

2nd place in the bass category came off of Everts dock 2 years ago. For those guys bank fishing, don’t overlook the rock pile with the day marker below Everts

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Oh Great!!! Thanks Dustin, you just gave my secret spot away. Now I’m going to have to shrink wrap your boat.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Make him stop giving away our secret holes. The next thing you know he’ll want to have a few with us on the bank

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If Dustin keeps giving out the secrets spots, I know whos going to be buying the beer!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Especaially with how many people he will have there with us. He’ll have to buy a lot of beer. He’d probably be better off buying a 1/2 barrel.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

no….no….no…….

You don’t want Dustin to give you any beer………..Ain’t that right James????

Besides, if he doesn’t give you a beer that has been sitting in the fish cleaning shack for 3 days, he’ll give you a Regal!!!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Oh I was thinking more like Mich lite or Busch lite I also want it fresh. If I wanted that stuff I’d get me an Old Milwaukee or a Leinie’s

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Does anyone have access to a tapper handle ? I need one for this weekend GTG…

something on this order ?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.