1,000 Pound Georgian Hog……..

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Just looking at the picture, one would have to say that it is no where near 12′ long.
    Still one hell of a big pig though!

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

One big pig

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m going to say that is not a real hog. Why on God’s green earth would you bury something like that. Taxidermists would be lining up around the corner to work on something like that. Not to mention business’ looking to display something like that would pay out huge amounts of $$$ to have it in their shop. There’s too much to lose by not doing something with it.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

after reading the article a little more closer, it’s gotta be fake and the so called guide is shady, any way this will help give hunters a bad name, like we need more help in that area.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I like his reasonings about why he shot it. Allow me to paraphrase a bit.

“We hate ’em. The meat’s no good. They’re good for nuttin’. Nobody likes them around. But we were afraid it would leave so we shot it. We certainly didn’t want anyone else to shoot it. But now that we shot it, we’re going to bury deep all evidence of this massive beast, except for this one picture and run around town telling everyone how unbelievably huge this worthless animal really was.”

Uh, OK… Burying a pig in your backyard has got to be one crazy-fun way to spend a day and darn good thing YOU got to do it instead of your “crazy” neighbor…. lol

My question about the photo. The guys casts a nice shadow. Where’s the shadow from the hog? Or don’t these critters cast shadows?

krisko
    Durand, WI

I saw the picture too. I don’t think it is real. It kind of looks like they enlarged it and reposted it to the picture. If you look at the shadows in the picture they don’t match up. It was a nice try though. I would be happy to get a 100# hog.

Oh yeah failed to mention I saw a different picture than the one he has posted in an email. This picture looks better though.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

“We killed it because we didn’t want to take a chance of him getting away. Somebody else would have shot it,” he said.

Now if I used this same logic with my Grandma, I would be locked up! It’s the old I killed it because I didn’t want someone else to defense. I supposed I should stop my cnr policy because if I release a fish, the next person who catches it, may keep it. Does this make sense?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I can’t vouch for this picture. But I did spend some time in the military down in Texas. I made some good friends down there. One of my buddy’s grandfather shot an 800lb wild hog years back. He showed me the picture when I called him a liar. I then beleived. They are actually wild russian boars. And yes, after I did a little research, they have been known to get big like this. That 800lb hog was shot is east Texas.

Yes, the picture sounds a bit phony. It was probably someones boar that was on a farm that died of old age and they buried it. But before they buried it, they took a picture, doctored it up, and called out their story. 600lb hogs are common……..

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

He says the head was the size of a tire on a compact car so it is to large to hang on the wall? Waht would this guy do if he shot a moose or an elk? Bury it cause its just to big.

I looked on a web site called snopes.com which will tell you if a rumor is true or not but it was not on there. If it becomes more popular im sure they will look into it and post if its real or not.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

This picture is a different one of it that I received in an e-mail.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

When you disect the picture………

They say the guy is 6’…..

He is behind the hog…..

If he is 3′ from torso to head………..His torso is at the nose of the hog…………

He appears to be 3 times smaller than the hog………

At best, the hog is 9ft……..head to toe…….stretched………..

Again, i would call this a big farm hog that died and they are burying it…………..

By the way……is that a hemorroid on its backside??? What the heck is that growth?????

krisko
    Durand, WI

Gary, that would be his “nut sack” for better terms. It’s a boar.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Sorry didn’t know what else to say.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

No need to apologize, you just call em as you see em!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

True or not??? Probably not, too much of a trophy to just bury. Anybody ever watch the boar hunting shows out east, some of those things are huge and mean. Can you imagine this old beast coming at you?? Fill shorts, find nearest tree.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll tell you what. After reading Krisko’s description of that “tumor”, my monitor is sporting a nice shade of diet pepsi and spit.

BTW, diet pepsi burns when it exits a nasal passage……

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Thanks for the biology class Krisko!!!!

I’m still laughing…………..Guess I didn’t expect it to hang “up”……….normally they kind of hang down, except on cold days……..

krisko
    Durand, WI

Being the hick I am I’ve seen a few big boars. I just thought I’d tell everyone as it was. You’ll see when you guys meet me that I’m quite the character. Either you hate me or ya love me

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

GOOD EATIN !!!!!!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the humor guys! That one brought tears to my eyes!!

thanisch

That’s a lot of bacon.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I had to bring this one back to the top. This has to be one of the funniest threads we have had in a while!

krisko
    Durand, WI

You guys just need to leave the door open for me again and I’ll have a good one for ya…

buckmaster

It’s gotta be a joke, but I have to agree you put some nice touches to this story guys. Amazing what a little photo shop would do is what I think.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Quote:

I had to bring this one back to the top. This has to be one of the funniest threads we have had in a while!

Thank You Ill git more, as soon as I go to the paper about that 83 pound squirel I shot

scottsteil
    Central MN

You will have to look long and hard for a squirrel with, lets see, how did Gary describe it “a growth on his backside” like that. Thanks again Krisko for the humor.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I don’t want to see the size of the “walnuts” on a squirl that big!! The hog scared me enough

I do like getting one in when I can

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

You guys don’t know what you are missing. We had to butcher an 800 lb boar that broke his leg when he fell off a sow doing his job. He was kind of clumsy like that.
    The rocky mountain oysters were so large we had to slice up the left one to fry it. The right one Mom roasted as an experiment. Both ways tasted a little strong though. The brain fried up pretty well and there was plenty of blood for blood sausage. The meat was ground into summer sausage and the intestines were used as casings. There was plenty for all the neighbors. Good eats indeed!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.