Propane tank and hose help

• tr
    Plymouth

Ok gang here is my problem. I have the grill in the pic and use it regularly, I have used the green bottles and it works great. I am tired of going through so many bottles, so I got out my 20 lb tank and hose I use for ice fishing, hooked it up and thought it would be great. just the opposite. I am on the second hose from the store and still the same problem. hardly any flame and or heat. even with the hose hooked up and the tank fully open, I still can barely get one side of the burners to burn above a very low flame. I even re hooked up the green bottle to make sure I was not making a mistake. then re hooked up the hose and big tank and again nothing. can anyone offer any usable advice that I might try to make this 20 lb tank hose and grill work like it should. sorry to ramble
    Thanks for your help.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Are you connecting a hose with a regulator in it to the grill? Your grill may have its own regulator behind the threaded bottle connection and could be hindering gas flow.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

another thing about regulators. Some have a safety function built in. that is if you open the tank valve to fast or to far the regulator locks out. limiting the amount of gas allowed out

munchy
    NULL

I agree with Tom, you have two regulators fighting each other.

castle-rock-clown

I have a Coleman roadtrip and it has it’s own regulator. I hook a plain supply hose between the 20lb tank and the connector to the grill, no regulator except for the one on the grill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.