2013 dodge ram programmer

• johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

I’m looking into programmers for my dodge ram. Has anyone used one or did any research on the different ones. The edge one that stays mounted in the truck interests me. I like the ability to be able to change the programming by pushing a button.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

From what I hear it will void your warrenty. If that concerns you???

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

I figured it would void warranty

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

I had a buddy recently take the urea, DPF and new exhausted, H&S tuner, etc. the programmer isn’t working correctly and sensor lights are on regarding the DEF.

Yes voids the warranty. I’ll stick to the stock stuff in my dirty max

blackbay

If it’s a gas motor I wouldn’t bother. A diesel is a totally different answer though.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I agree with the gas/diesel scenario also. the question I have is, does the dealer sell them and install them, and if they do, is the warranty still intact???? all it will take is a call to the dealer to find out

or big g can chime in

big_g
    Isle, MN

It won’t necessarily void your warranty…. for example, on a Diesel, if you have injector issues, because you modified it, so it changes the pressures that Cummins has designed for the engine, then yes, the injector warranty would not apply. If you have a window switch or radio go out, they would still be warrantable, because they have nothing to do with the modifications. Hope this helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.