Digital scale with replaceable battery

• rmartin
    United States

The battery looks as if it is going in my Berkely scale. Rather than spend $15+ to replace it is there a scale that has a replaceable battery out there that is reliable? Looking for 30-50 lbs. Thanks

munchy
    NULL

What battery does your Berkley take? I have a hard time believing you can’t find one for under $15. Maybe directly from Berkley, but Battery’s Plus or Amazon should have them for a LOT cheaper.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

RAPALA makes a good one, takes a 9-Volt Battery.
    $25 good up to 30#

BBKK
    IA

I’m pretty sure my berkley takes a couple CR2032 but not positive on that. Been a while since I replaced it. Just take the back off and slip the new batteries in.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

RAPALA makes a good one, takes a 9-Volt Battery.
    $25 good up to 30#

Rapala makes a scale to 50# that looks simalar to this. I bought one at 4 Season in Red Wing for $19.00 on sale a few years ago. I believe they run $29. regular price.

Put the fish in the net, weigh the net and the fish, subtract 3 pounds for the net and a quick release.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Put the fish in the net, weigh the net and the fish, subtract 3 pounds for the net and a quick release.

That’s how I do it.

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

What battery does your Berkley take? I have a hard time believing you can’t find one for under $15. Maybe directly from Berkley, but Battery’s Plus or Amazon should have them for a LOT cheaper.

It is an older one with a soldered in battery. The $15 is for returning it to them and a replacement sent back to you. I have already replaced one of these via the above method. I guess it would not hurt to open it up and see if the battery system is still the same soldered in battery. If so, I think I will contact them to see if I will get the same thing in return or a newer model as these are old.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.