Vikings

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Let me rephrase that…

Spielman, Spielman, Spielman.

Attention Wilfs… FIRE HIM!

mcarlsen

Disagree. Zimmer rotates guys keeps the front fresh. Barr can play de immediately while he learns ol. Constant fresh pressure coming all the time.

bclii
    MN/AZ

Heck, he stayed in California. Must of thought he was 2nd or third round

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Disagree. Zimmer rotates guys keeps the front fresh. Barr can play de immediately while he learns ol. Constant fresh pressure coming all the time.

He was a 3rd round at best. Even the sportscasters were dumbfounded by the pick. You could tell they almost started laughing… and the only way they could polish it was by saying “well, he needs some refinement”…

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Did I hear correctly that they only got a 5th rounder for moving down 1 spot? Me thinks they could have moved down several more spots and got their man. WTG Spielman.

mcarlsen

Quote:

Quote:

He was a 3rd round at best. Even the sportscasters were dumbfounded by the pick. You could tell they almost started laughing… and the only way they could polish it was by saying “well, he needs some refinement”…

Call me crazy but I think an organization would put faith in their new head coach who certainly had an input and who also happens to be basically the best defensive mind in the nfl and an uncanny read of talent. I think zimmer knows exactly what he is doing. But I am probably crazy. Purple people eaters are being resurrected.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

I don’t know how I can continue to stand with these guys. Been a fan all my life but it gets more difficult every year.

WTF

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Excellent pick!! Just what the team needed!! Defense, defense!

Don’t let any of the so called experts fool you, this guy can play!

ET

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

ET

Can’t end every game in a tie and expect to win anything. Defense is lacking, but offence is lacking more. JMO

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Biggest reach ever!!! Still in the process of allowing my rage to subside. Thinking about changing my name and buying a Calvin jersey…

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Thinking about changing my name and buying a Calvin jersey…

Uhg.. opps… sorry.. just threw up a little in my mouth.

TripleA
    Blaine

We gave up ONE spot for an extra late round pick in a very deep draft… and we got Barr… Good deal! Don’t forget high round draft picks end up being busts fairly often. I am happy with this pick, lets see where they go from here. When rebuilding more picks to hopefully gather true Pro level players makes more sense than ONE great player (think AP) as he can’t get us a superbowl on his own. Other than the quarterback position Spielman has done better than any GM in recent drafts! Have to give him some credit fellas! Time will tell.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I think this fella can help. At 6ft 5″ and fast with moves, he can fill a void left by Jared Allen. I believe in defense first. All remains to be seen…

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Finally… the Vikes make a smart pick. Teddy Bridgewater… QB out of Lousiana. This guy shoulda been in the top 5 pics… except for the workouts. His highlight reel is pretty good. Unlike our last pick.. the sportscasters are pretty impressed.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Finally… the Vikes make a smart pick. Teddy Bridgewater… QB out of Lousiana. This guy shoulda been in the top 5 pics… except for the workouts. His highlight reel is pretty good. Unlike our last pick.. the sportscasters are pretty impressed.

Agree Dave, anxious to see him get going!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Bridgewater is a great pick. Athletic, makes plays, changed Louisville from a hoops school to a FB school!!

This guy is the leader we’ve been looking for.

Great first round for the Queens.

ET

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

It’s baseball season. Check back with me in November.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Quote:

It’s baseball season. Check back with me in November.

haha, baseball is a joke compared to football. Aren’t there like 952 games in a season? who cares about any of them. I’d rather watch preseason nfl than game 7 of the world series Zzzzzz

tbrooks11

Man, you guys are crazy! Im a Packer fan, and I thought Barr was a great pick by the vikings. This guy has been a RB all his life, just started playing OLB/DE 2 years ago. Incredible athlete with everything to learn yet. Zimmer said he sees a lot of Jason Taylor in him.

And Dave, where did you see he was a 3rd round talent? He was a lock to get drafted before the 18th pick.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Quote:

Quote:

ET

Can’t end every game in a tie and expect to win anything. Defense is lacking, but offence is lacking more. JMO

Not sure how you can say this when their offense in 2013 was ranked 14th or so and their defense ranked at the very bottom 31 or 31.

Barr was a good first pick. IMHO

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

haha, baseball is a joke compared to football. Aren’t there like 952 games in a season? who cares about any of them.

I do.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Im a Packer fan, and I thought Barr was a great pick by the vikings.

That one sentance is what discredited you… LOL

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Bridgewater had a couple good games at the beginning of the year then dropped off the radar. I’m sure he will do the same with Minnesota. He will have a couple good games a year and then drop.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

He had a line to block for him at Lville…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.