Rippin Rap Question

• BBKK
    IA

How effective are the #5 rippin raps? By this I mean do they have the same fish catching action as the big brother we see on IDO shows? Thinking it might help me get some bigger white bass and a few post spawn eater walleyes.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I cant answer about the white bass use but,the manager of Everts and I put the smack down from shore on the walleyes last summer using the #5 rippin raps and often pitched the same #5 to the current seams later in the day/early evenings from his boat

Cant think of a reason the white bass wont them tho

BBKK
    IA

I’m tearing them up on 3/16 blade baits, just looking for something with a lot of sound and a little slower fall. I’m fishing it fast and hard, and the fish are hitting on the top of the jerk before the bait starts to fall. No hits at all on the fall other than sheep, so I think I need something that will stay up in the water just a split second longer but will fall and have the ripping action they are liking.

Pre-spawn whites are just too much fun.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

You dont have to work them hard to get them to make alot of noise.

When we were using them you could actually hear them as James stated, almost transmitting sound right up the line, I was using 6lb 832.

tight-lines

I took the kids out the other night and the White Bass were hammering the Raps. The were also hitting at the very top of the stroke. It seemed like most of them were slashing at it. The ones that I caught would have the whole lure engulfed.

BBKK
    IA

That sounds exactly like the bite I am on. I had a few literally swallow a sonar and did not make it. Front treble down the throat and gone. Water temp hit 59 today, they are about to drop!

Going to place an order for some. I am NOT paying $7 each at gander. Fishusa has them for $5.75.

BBKK
    IA

Picked up a few 5’s and a couple 7’s. Like I said, fishusa has them for 5.75 with free shipping on orders over $30. Plus I had a couple $5 off $30 coupons from doing reviews on their site. So I made two orders and got 12 for $59 shipped (4.90ea). We’ll see how they do.

nord

Kevin, do you think 5’s are better that 6’s at this time of year?

BBKK
    IA

I don’t know.

I just figured the 5’s would be easier for them to get in their mouth when they swipe at it.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

I don’t know.

I just figured the 5’s would be easier for them to get in their mouth when they swipe at it.

If I was fishing for wippers I would be using the #5’s

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Kevin, that #5 is probably the most universal in size for most species. I use the Live Target lipless baits because I like how they fall better. but that aside, the 2-1/2″ range baits put thousands of white bass in my boat each spring. My clients now are about 75% whitebass die-hards and we just switched over to cranks in the last couple days up here. #4 &#5 rapalas and the 2-1/2″ Live targets are on fire.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.