Landing net

• Lukepetrowske
    NULL

Was just wondering what is a good net for walleye? I would prefer a long or longer handle.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I have one of these I use for catfish. Would probbly suit your needs for walleyes

Hibernet

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

This is going to be a Chevy versus Ford post but…..

Since storage is NOT an issue for me I use the…..

Frabil…CONSERVATION SERIES 23″ X 26″ Teardrop Hoop
    3/8″ Knotless Micro Mesh Netting
    16″ Depth Flat Bottom
    1 Camlock Telescoping (36″ to 72″ )
    Pow’R Lok Yoke System
    Corrosion-Proof Composite Construction
    Automatic Locking with Perfect Handle Alignment
    Great for Bass Walleye !

JMHO Jeff

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

If you want a net to last the rest of your life I say Beckman, but they dont give them away.

They have several hoop sizes and several bag sizes too.

As far as handles, they offer extendable 4+3 or 6+3 as well as non extendable.

I have carried children around in the net that were about 50#.

Lil Guppy
    Lake City, Mn

Quote:

If you want a net to last the rest of your life I say Beckman,

X2

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I saw these at Fleet Farm the other day.

http://www.egos2slider.com/

Pretty smooth on extending and I like the foam handle.

I might try one this year. Price is right and a two year
    warranty.

barc
    SE MN

That EGO net looks pretty slick – anybody using one?

What is the best bag material to keep from tangling up the trebles? Whether Beckman, Frabil or others. I hate spending more time to get the hooks out of the net than it takes to reel in and net the darned fish.
    barc

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Was reading some real positive reviews on the ERGO over on WC.
    I wonder, do they float?

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Quote:

If you want a net to last the rest of your life I say Beckman,

X2

X3

igotone

Quote:

Beckman

had one

way to HEAVY for me

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

What is the best bag material to keep from tangling up the trebles? Whether Beckman, Frabil or others. I hate spending more time to get the hooks out of the net than it takes to reel in and net the darned fish.
    barc

I have broke 2 EGO sliders. There customer service is great though. New handle delivered in 3 days. It is in the garage. It’s for sale.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Beckman

had one

way to HEAVY for me

Only time mine gets a little heavy is when there are 10 pounders in the bottom of it. It’s the strongest net out there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I have one of these I use for catfish. Would probbly suit your needs for walleyes

Hibernet

Just had a friend ask me about these today.

Fleet Farm has them on sale for $50.00, about 1/2 off retail.

I think it’s on line only…

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Beckman no doubt about it. Fish don’t get wrapped up in the netting and the lures don’t get snagged up.

amundsonjon
    wi

Liked My Hyber Net In Store After A Year Wouldn’t Recommend. The Net Hoop Broke And Is A PaIn To Slide. I Fish Way To Much Cold water To Deal With Freezing. Plus Cranks Get Stuck horrible

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Beckman

x2

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Beckman

had one

way to HEAVY for me

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Liked My Hyber Net In Store After A Year Wouldn’t Recommend. The Net Hoop Broke And Is A PaIn To Slide. I Fish Way To Much Cold water To Deal With Freezing. Plus Cranks Get Stuck horrible

So far, every time I’ve heard they’re a pain to slide, the owner wasn’t aware there’s an up side and a down side to them. If they are retracted upside down, it is a pain. In fact it’s very difficult.

I would not recommend them for winter use unless they were left in the open position.

I use the HyberNet for channel cats as they seldom reach the 25 pound max net limit.

I loved my Beckman but it handle didn’t like me. When a customer wanted to help, normally he handed me a two piece net.

I have a Frabil Power Yoke now for sturgeon and flatheads. They are notoriously known for the screws falling out and at the worst possible time. A little loctite and you’re good to go.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I debated this last year and ended up with the Beckman. Should last a very long time.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

barc

I have 2 Ego nets, great product and their customer service is top notch! The rubber net material makes hook snags a thing of the past..

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I have a Stowmaster and I really like it. Works great with an extending handle and folds up and fits in the front capartment in my 620.
    Been using it for 10 years and I don’t see any reason it won’t go another 10 or more.

http://stowmaster.norsemenoutdoors.com/

Zach H

Quote:

Quote:

barc

I have 2 Ego nets, great product and their customer service is top notch! The rubber net material makes hook snags a thing of the past..

X2…Purchased a EGO2 this spring to replace my short handled Beckman. I love it so far. I don’t have nothing bad to report about it. Seems to be built to last.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

barc

X2…Purchased a EGO2 this spring to replace my short handled Beckman. I love it so far. I don’t have nothing bad to report about it. Seems to be built to last.

X3

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.