hen pheasants

• yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I have a rooster that amazingly survived both the brutal winter and my grandsons shotgun. From the crowing he’s been doing it sounds like he’s in need of a girlfriend and I think he deserves it. Does any one know where I could find a few pheasant hens of breeding age in the Eau Claire or Rochester areas?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I know the eau Claire rod and gun club raises birds. Not sure if you would be able to get one from them but may be able to find out where they get them. I think a few other gun clubs around also raise them.

Be worth checking out.

goosehunter

try hidden valley gamebirds in pine island. not sure if they sell pheasants but its worth a try

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

I have a rooster that amazingly survived both the brutal winter and my grandsons shotgun. From the crowing he’s been doing it sounds like he’s in need of a girlfriend and I think he deserves it. Does any one know where I could find a few pheasant hens of breeding age in the Eau Claire or Rochester areas?

Does that make you a Pheasant Pimp?

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Game farms and clubs don’t have breading stock. They buy chicks and raise them. I doubt they would have adult birds this d time of year but I’ll give it a try anyway. I was wrong once before

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Chris, I prefer to think of myself as an upland bird social director

boone
    Woodbury, MN

No need really. If there’s a rooster around, I’m sure a hen or two made it through the winter too.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Quote:

No need really. If there’s a rooster around, I’m sure a hen or two made it through the winter too.

This poor guy is left from a batch of 20 that I released for my grandson last fall. All others are accounted for

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.