How much leadcore?

• norge

How much leadcore are you guys spooling on your reels for fishing the River this time of year? Lot of debris this time of year I am guessing so is it best to stay away from planer boards and use long (12-14foot) poles mixed with shorter poles to catch less debris? Any advice or pointers appreciated. Thanks, Lloyd

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’ve always had my reels rigged with 4-5 colors and then 10yrds of backing. Seems to be enough for early and late season. But last year I found some walleyes mid-summer on deep break lines using 8 colors to get a #5 shad rap down to them.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Well I don’t want to run out so I load up the reel with backing, lead, and then leader.
    The reels are kinda heavy not to bad but they are in the rod holders most of the time and they are smaller reell not huge ones. I guess still learning the technique.

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

I also run 4-5 colors, with a lot of backer line never had an issue of needing more.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I would fill my reels to the max. It would suck being on a decent bite and have to lose a couple colors due to a kink or something and not have any left to continue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.