Ice Out on Minnetonka

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

About 75% of the bit part of the lake was clear of ice when I drove in to work in CoRD 15 today. The smaller bays are pretty much all clear now. Halsteads reported Ice Out Saturday. And the shore-fishermen are now out in droves. Looks like Soft Water Season is finally upon us!

TripleA
    Blaine

Hmmm I heard otherwise but if you drive by to work I believe you! Any chance closer to the weekend you could confirm open water/boats are out? I have a new boat that I need to break the motor in on, I need to be around 25-30mph for 1 full hour so I am looking for a medium sized lake or larger. You say the bays are already totally open too..? Thanks for any help!

das_bass
    Mound, MN

I was a couple boats in the water on the way to work, sitting in slips in one of the Marinas. With the weather today, I expect the ice to be pretty much gone by tomorrow morning. The landing by the sheriffs office would likely be a good one to launch at. That bay I didn’t see any ice in at all this morning. From what I could see, the bays with the deepest water had the most ice. I would think Maxwell and North Arm are probably open now, but I haven’t driven by those.

das_bass
    Mound, MN

I bet if you call one of the bait shops in the area, they can give you a more detailed low-down. But I can’t see any way this weekend’s crappie tournament won’t be happening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.