Jig box organization

• Horsch32
    Avon, MN

How do you guys organize your jig box? Right now I have mine organized by size and type. Ie fireball whistler gumball etc then sorted largest to smallest with all colors inter mixed. Would you put color in front priority wise over size and type?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It really is a matter of how much you want to put into it. I’m sure you can easily get 10 different responses. For me, every different type gets a different box or bag. From there, it’s broken down by hook type and then size, then color. Because I need to swap out gear in my boat frequently, I have a crash kit with a little bit of everything. But I have jigs that are bait specific, so I need more seperate organization.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Plano 3700 series box,divided into 12 sections, I will mix 2 different weights of the same color per section since I mainly use only 6 different colors I can store 4 different size weights in one box.

Since I only use one style jig this method works well for me weather I storing hair or plain jigs.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

What is a jig?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

What is a jig?

it is something you use after you feed all your cranks to the rocks

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

What is a jig?

In your case,a lively dance with leaping movements.

BBKK
    IA

Colors? Isn’t there only one color?

I carry that and refill as needed when I get home.

Horsch32
    Avon, MN

Yeah. There are probably a million ways to do it. Right now I still fit in one 3600 size box (barely). I’m relatively new to jig use but much prefer it to the lindy rigging I always did with the grandparents. I am also going to be moving from a hard plastic box to a bag. Which should help the overall organization of things. Do they make a box that would take up 2 spots in the bag for swim baits and spinnerbaits?

BBKK
    IA

Put your swimbaits in a standard 3700 or 3600 and your spinnerbaits in a binder.

I like the 3701 box for jigheads. Its roughly half the thickness as a standard 3700 and still holds a lot of jigs… more than you want to carry from the truck to the boat. Pretty sure they make the 3600 series in slim as well.

Horsch32
    Avon, MN

Just found 3600 and 3700 sized boxes that are fit a good amount of spinnerbaits. Now I will be able to complete my tackle box switch over from the hard box to the bag.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.