Random kindness

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I guess, if the shoe fits.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Some times it doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming.

There was a fella that stopped by the resort this weekend that left a BIG soft peanutbutter cookie and the best sticky bun I’ve ever had.

No reason for him to do this.

I shared it with everyone at the resort….NOT!

Random kindness or a bribe not to get banded?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Just heard this on the news…A high school kid lost his wallet at a baseball game. He of course assumed it was gone, but to his surprise it was mailed to his school(school ID) Not only was everything in tact, there was an extra twenty bucks with a note asking him to pay it forward.
    Pretty cool.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

My daughter was a waitress for many years. Shes 27 now with 2 kids and lied her age just to go to work when she was 15, because as a young girl she wanted things I couldn’t or wouldn’t buy her so encouraged her to go to work.

One day she came home from work and talked about a person who was having a bad day and didn’t treat her right. I said Jennah, sometimes people have bad days and even weeks and maybe somethings happened to them or their just a natural grouch. I said heres what to do, talk to them nicely and try to make them feel good as it may make them realize that maybe things aren’t so bad all the time. It does help people maybe look at things in a different way, sure there’s problems in life but with some kindness involved it does help people feel better and maybe will turn their day around for them and everybody benefits.

I know the pastor of the church across the street and do his drywall work once in awhile. I tilled the neighbors garden for them, black brother and sister, and when I was done I walked by the church with the tiller going back home. Lemoine the pastor asked what I was doing and I said the folks on the corner wanted to plant a small garden and I did it for them. His response was, that’s a good thing Dan doing the lords work. To this day they borrow tools if its something they can work on themselves, I fix their kids bikes for them and I always get a wave from them and their kids and I know I can depend on them if I ever need any help. A little help goes along way.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Does anyone else wonder why it is so easy and prevailing to be negative, than it is to be positive. Look at the news. Look at your interactions with people. Look at everything. For some reason the negativity always outweighs the positivity. It’s almost as if it is a chore or difficult for people to be nice and positive. I don’t get it.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Does anyone else wonder why it is so easy and prevailing to be negative, than it is to be positive. Look at the news. Look at your interactions with people. Look at everything. For some reason the negativity always outweighs the positivity. It’s almost as if it is a chore or difficult for people to be nice and positive. I don’t get it.

It’s become a cultural thing, all the cable political shows etc…People feel as though they need to be “edgy” at the watercooler and regurgitate the crap they hear. When’s the last time you heard someone talk positively about some legislation that’s been passed that improves lives?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

That’s kind of a negative post about positive news.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

That’s kind of a negative post about positive news.

I thought that after I replied!
    75 degrees today!!!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

That’s good Jeff, its doing something good that means something to others.

I don’t know what its like in other bigger cities if they have this same thing going. There’s a donation business here in town where anyone can bring in unwanted items for resale. people in general, business that discontinue their items to make room for newer stock, the tail end of unused items that contractors don’t need etc.

Everyone that works there is donating their times for free and what it costs to keep the utilities on I think is at a reduced rate, electrical, water etc.

All the money that is generated by this donation business is enough that their building homes for people who can’t afford standard housing. They still pay a house payment and utilities and its geared tward’s the people who hinge right on the edge of being able to go through a bank but can’t quite do it. Habitate for humanity is what its called and their building quite a few new homes for people who are waiting for them. Nothings for free for these people its just made possible for those who qualify. There’s another second hand shop who through peoples donations help the elderly that are house locked or can’t do the things they need to do. 100% of their money goes to helping the elderly in need of some help. Just thought I’d put in a plug for those who try to help others in need, churches can’t do it all but they try too.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

PB2

Quote:

Does anyone else wonder why it is so easy and prevailing to be negative

Not to steal one of your lines but…follow the money.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t mean to sound negative….but that’s not my line.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’ve used it once or twice. But I stole it from somebody else.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

This is a heartwarming thread. Thanks to all.

RAK

KCCO

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.