I pilot systems

• Art

Have a power drive 2. 3 years old, 2 foot pedals and looks like another. Just wondering how the I pilot system holds up. Getting ready to retire in couple years so have to start watching how I spend. If I can get 3-4 years out of one it would be in the same class range as replacing foot pedal every year. Yes and the extras would be nice.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

I have recently added the ipilot to mine for the same reason. I have gone through 4 foot pedals in 3 years and am absolutely fed up with it. I have addressed MinnKota about this matter and they are looking into it and actually told me to send them my old foot pedal so they could do some R&D on it. Just curios but which motor do you have? They also told me that it could possibly be something in the motor itself.
    Sorry if this was no help but I am trying to find out the same thing. After buying a trolling motor and 4-5 foot pedals it seems more cost effective to just buy a new trolling motor every 2 years.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I have had the I-pilot with a Terrova since they came out. I have not replaced the foot pedal and have only replaced the battery in the I pilot remote. I use the remote 99% of the time. I have only used the foot pedal 2 or 3 times a season for a couple minutes to verify it still works. I only have the foot pedal to back up the remote. My previous
    v2 with co pilot went threw pedal every season. Part of the reason I went to terrova different pedal. If it failed I was going back to cable pedal.

Mwal

stuart
    Mn.

Art,I put an I-pilot on my PD and used it for two trouble free years then sold that boat.You would love having it and I know as I get older that pulling up an anchor 10 to 20 times a fishing trip is getting tiresome.I have an anchor in my boat but very rarely use is.That in itself is worth it to me.
    Very easy install.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have had the I-pilot with a Terrova since they came out. I have not replaced the foot pedal and have only replaced the battery in the I pilot remote. I only use the remote for my 7-8 Walleye trips per year, for spot lock and dragging jigs. 90% of the time I use my foot pedal for Bass fishing. NO PROBLEMOS FOR 3 YRS…went thru a foot pedal every season on my PD.

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

Highly recommend the I-Pilot as I have had one since they became available like others with no issues until I upgrade to the I-Pilot Link last year. The install, as stated, is quite easy too! It changed the way I fish and I’m not going back!

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I had an older I-pilot on a powerdrive, and now on a Terrova. Never used a pedal on either. Keep an extra battery in the glovebox, as they don’t last as long as claimed… but that is it. I have a 30# anchor on a power deckmate…. gets used less than ever now with spot lock. I Pilot would be the last item I would go without in a boat.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

I don’t know if my problem is the foot pedal or something else. My motor is a new Terrova. It has been about no more than 10 times. This AM was the second time that I could not activate the motor with either the foot pedal or iPilot remote. The lights would come on, I took the plug connector apart and checked the wires coming to the plug and everything was fine. When I started fishing it was 23 degrees. By the time I got done checking things the temp was about freezing. About 30 minutes later it mysteriously started working. Is this a dealer repair item or something I could check. Problem is it is an intermittent problem. The only common was the temp, the two times it would not work the temp was below freezing. I don’t know why that would matter.
    Any ideas?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Art,I have a PD trolling motor also and bought an I-pilot add on for it and I love it,It does take place of the foot peddle as others have mentioned.

I have never had an issue with it ,mine is the gen 2 edition (remote has white outlines on buttons)and like others said I hardly ever use an anchor.

Keep an extra battery on hand also.

You wont regret buying one and have fun with your new toy

Art

Thanks for info. I’m all for it just have to get the wifes ok.

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Thanks for info. I’m all for it just have to get the wifes ok.

Newly wed?

Art

Yea, 40 years ago. She’s pretty good about stuff but I picked up a new depth finder last fall and just got a new legend elite.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.