Coons

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

If you go with a live trap and are getting cats in your trap, call the city to come get them. No doubt your city has an ordinance against cats and dogs running loose. So if you get a cat in the trap on YOUR property ,let the city deal with it.

Letter of the law aside, I don’t think this is a great move.

Keep in mind, you are the one who is using bait which is attracting all manner of animals. Getting the neighbor’s cat put in the city jail after you put out a can of tuna isn’t going to win you the Neighbor of the Year contest and might invite a lot of other attention that you don’t want.

Good advice from others re making sure that live traps are legal and allowed.

To be honest, it might be easier just to protect the bait tanks better. As my father discovered, what you do AFTER you catch an animal in the live trap is more of a PITA than actually catching it. I told him that the way things are going, he was going to catch some endangered species in the trap and the Cat Lady next door would report him to the Feds and the next thing we’d know, he’d be writing to us from a cell in Guantanamo Bay.

Grouse

desperado

Quote:

Yeah, I’m going to ask Ed the next time I see him and see what his opinion is on the best way to get rid of them. I’d rather just scare it away than trap it.

I have a feeling the legal way is going to involve a bill from a licensed nuisance trapper.

I threw a hunk of lutefisk under the back porch and it drove out the skunks and raccoons ! … now can anyone tell me how to get rid of these dang Norwegians ?

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I’m going to ask Ed the next time I see him and see what his opinion is on the best way to get rid of them. I’d rather just scare it away than trap it.

I have a feeling the legal way is going to involve a bill from a licensed nuisance trapper.

I threw a hunk of lutefisk under the back porch and it drove out the skunks and raccoons ! … now can anyone tell me how to get rid of these dang Norwegians ?

Bagels

buck-slayer

Get a pellet gun. Nobody will here u shoot that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

If you go with a live trap and are getting cats in your trap, call the city to come get them. No doubt your city has an ordinance against cats and dogs running loose. So if you get a cat in the trap on YOUR property ,let the city deal with it.

Letter of the law aside, I don’t think this is a great move.

And I am not so sure the city has an ordinance against cats running loose. When I talked to the animal control guy at the city about live trapping the neighborhood cats that were running all over, he advised against it. He told me pets are considered property and there are possible legal implications.

I’d wait it out. Can you some how monitor the area to see if there are fresh tracks, maybe a trail cam or something? I had to big fat coons at the feeder one night last fall and I was ticked they’d be eating the food for the deer, birds and squirrels. I haven’t seen them since. But there has also been some construction behind us, so they may have been on the way out.

I understand your concern though. I wouldn’t want to risk having my dogs run into a coon either.

robby
    Quad Cities

Quote:

Since nobody else has said it, Golden Marlin and Mt. Dew. That will repel them.

Water balloon over the muzzle of a .22. You can hear the hammer drop.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Get a pellet gun. Nobody will here u shoot that.

Just make sure its sighted it 1st, don’t want to ruin anything outside the house, like siding.

desperado

Quote:

Just make sure its sighted it 1st, don’t want to ruin anything outside the house, like siding.

first hand knowledge ?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ah nevermind

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.