walleye season

• Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

How do IDO members feel about the walleye season that you have throughout the state (to tell you the truth idk if its the same throughout the state of MN). Here in SD we are able to fish eyes throughout the year and we also welcome out of staters throughout the year as long as you have the proper licenses. There are many opportunities throughout the state of SD to catch trophy fish and I myself hope to protect them. How do you feel about the season implemented upon you?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Lil part of me dies every time season closes. Going nutso right now, but understand in more pressured lakes and rivers its probably necessary.

brad-o
    Mankato

If the lake has no or little natural reproduction open it. Just make anglers buy a walleye stamp to fish these waters until the natural reproducing waters open. Also you could have a two fish limit on these newly opened waters.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

i think seasons here in minnesota are a great thing……… there are tons af people who keep everything they catch and tons of people that keep more than they are suppose to, with that said seasons here give the game fish a chance spawn successfully with out pressure and being sitting ducks. i think you have to have a season with a population like we have here in minnesota. a lot of people = a lot of taken fish……

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Ya, over all probably a good thing here in MN land. Higher population densities really hammer the natural resources. Makes sense to have seasons like this. As you’ve probably heard, we have some specific lakes with specific problems for one reason or another. Not being from these parts originally, I sometimes think the opener on ‘these’ certain lakes should be ‘later’ to lessen the ‘seining’ of ‘quality spawning fish tonnage’!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.