Walleye fishing trip

• riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Alright guys, I need some help. I had vacation to fish the Leech lake Walleye tournament but it is already full. So where would you go for a week the end of May walleye fishing?

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

My family and I will be on Red Lake the last week of May for the 10th year in a row. 2 weeks later we will be on Winni for a week. those 2 are excellent choices that time of year. Can’t really go wrong with any lakes in N. MN that time of year.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Kill two birds w/ one stone…LEECH/WINNI!!! That time of year is “hammertime” on those two lakes and since they are sooo close it makes a ton of sense…

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Lake of the woods hands down. I have been going up to the northwest angle for years and the fishing is truly second to none. You can fish the islands and wreck them jigging, or pull lead out by garden and really destroy fish. Check out http://scatterrap.cabelasevents.com this is what we did up there last year in early June. All the waypoints you would need!

Can’t go wrong with Winnie/Leech either. Great bite night and day.

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Quote:

Alright guys, I need some help. I had vacation to fish the Leech lake Walleye tournament but it is already full. So where would you go for a week the end of May walleye fishing?

Green Bay

eyesonly

Red lake is always a safe bet that time of year. I agree though lake of the woods is the Mecca for walleye fisherman. Only thing to consider there is activities for the rest of the family and maybe losing a day or two to the wind. I’d consider the gun flint trail. There are 10 quality walleye lakes within close proximity to any where you decide to stay and the scenery is incredible. – Eyes

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Lake of the woods hands down. I have been going up to the northwest angle for years and the fishing is truly second to none. You can fish the islands and wreck them jigging, or pull lead out by garden and really destroy fish. Check out http://scatterrap.cabelasevents.com this is what we did up there last year in early June. All the waypoints you would need!

Can’t go wrong with Winnie/Leech either. Great bite night and day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.