Wisconsin Dells river report.

• Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

WE took a ride to the Dells last week for the wifes check up at the Docs , all is well. We stopped by Rivers Edge for lunch and to see if the river was starting to bust open for the season. At the landing it was open around the peir and a couple of spots down river. The dam area has a spot of open water below the powere plant as ussual also and some trcks on the ice .

From Jeff Bennett , it won’t be long with warm temps coming.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Keep us posted. The Skeeter has been dry for too long now.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

James they are talking 40 degrees one day next week! I,ll be pulling my new jon boat arond the garage this week. Will be going to my brothers to pick up the lund also.

castle-rock-clown

With the drawdown of castle rock and Petenwell should that not accelerate opening up below the dells dam? I believe they are doing that now.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

That is ussualy a big factor for bringing more fish up and opening the river up. I have seen some winters through the years we were fishing the first week in Feb. CRC whats the dam at petenwell look like for the landing? Thanks for any info>

castle-rock-clown

Even though I refer to myself as castle rock clown, IM miles away in the milwaukee area. I try to get info from other sources. Right now IM planning a trip to the sections of river below the castle rock and Petenwell dams in my Jon boat. It’s light enough to slide across snow drifts and ice Berms found at launches at this time of year.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i fished down there for WI inland opener last May. what a great fishery. will be back there this year..
    had great success plus it was about 65 degees to boot!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Jeff,

Is the food good at Rivers Edge? I have always wondered.

Thanks,

FDR

castle-rock-clown

A couple years ago they had a midweek fishermans deal which included a coupon for a steak dinner. And yes it was pretty good.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Quote:

Jeff,

Is the food good at Rivers Edge? I have always wondered.

Thanks,

FDR

Yes, the food is good. Its a nice place to stay if you want to fish for more than 1 day too

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Rivers Edge always has great food with daily specials and a bait shop that you can not beat for info and bait. Great place to stay and launch at.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.