gps help

• abster71
    crawford county WI

I have crib locations to a lake, and entered them into my handheld lowrance h20 and all the locations appear on land and not on the lake. I entered in the same coordinates onto bing maps and everything looks fine. Any help as to what is going wrong. Thanks

abster71
    crawford county WI

Just verified the coordinates that I was given are in degrees and that is what I input into both bing maps and my handheld.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Do you have a chip installed in your H2O?

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

The maps are not always correct but the coordinates should still work. Sometimes it shows me driving on land but defiantly not.

abster71
    crawford county WI

I do have a chip and I did take it out to see if there was a difference, with no change. I was on the lake the other day hoping to hit the cribs and I would say they are off by 300 yrds.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Just verified the coordinates that I was given are in degrees and that is what I input into both bing maps and my handheld.

I still think it’s a coordinate format issue. See the link posted.

All GPS coordinates are in degrees. It’s a matter of how those degrees are expressed.

See the other post and check your settings on the handheld. There will be an option to choose coordinate format and then 4-6 different format options.

If you post your Longitude coordinate from your GPS, I’ll tell you what format you’re using. From there, it’s just a matter of finding the setup option in your GPS and selecting that format.

Grouse

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Did you have Coordinates in Decimal Degrees or Degrees-Minutes-Seconds?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.