kieselhorse bay????

• jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

For all you guys who fish around trempeleau, does kieselhorse bay (across from bass camp) freeze up in the winter, looks a lot like it could be a wiggle waggle type pike spot late ice

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I would assume its froze over not sure how you would safely get there though.

rcruss
    Fountain City, WI

Take a boat when the river opens up…long walk from Merrick park

jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

Nice thanks for the info guys will be waiting til the channel opens up later in the year most likely may hike in just to check the ice and do a little scouting before prime time

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I’m sure you could cross the main channel. Just have to spud your way along. Give me a shout when you decide to try it.

jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

you think there’d be enough ice to cross below the dam??, holy buckets I was figuring it would be the same as Alma, I was going to hike in from merrick or wait til I could row across when the channel opens, I’ve trusted my life to my spud a million times but the going under and getting carried downstream terrifies me, I thought I was gunna die last year at old bay in merrick I was the first guy across without skitching a boat and there was 2 in all the way across of hard black ice but it warmed up on me and on the way back that crap was spider webbing like crazy on me and I had to belly crawl across, I had a couple buddies following me off and one had his GF, she was sobbing and trying to walk up to him and he kept saying “GET AWAY FROM ME, GET AWAY FROM ME!!!, after we made it back I’m sure the ride home between those two was pretty quiet

JMF

“when the water gets hard so do I”

rcruss
    Fountain City, WI

Fished out there a few times…never found much for northern…few gills and some crappies

rcruss
    Fountain City, WI

There are areas that could be good

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Or if you had a 4 wheeler coming in from the park wouldn’t take to long

rcruss
    Fountain City, WI

May need to drive across some land and I don’t think that would be legal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.