where to sell guns privately

• a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

I have a couple long guns I would like to sell. How does a person go about this. Would like to avoid using middle person to do so ,but will if that is the best route ,and if so who do you recommend around the Red Wing or Rochester area? Thanks for advice.

luv2rapala

There is a site specifically for guns and ammo for sale
    armslist.com
    with a Minnesota page.
    I have had decent luck there.
    luv2

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Go see Ralph at Wild Goose in Rochester, He sells alot of guns for people. He will make sure they get into safe hands.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Coyote Creek will transfer guns, don’t know about cost.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

If you are able to find a good resource Andy would you shoot me a PM. I need to get rid of some stuff also.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

gunbroker.com

I have sold and purchased on it a few different times and am 100% satisifed.
    Also have gotten good deals on bulk ammo.

Just another option.
    You may be able to search you exact guns and get an idea of going prices too.
    good luck

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

For sellers, Gunbroker works fine, but of course there are fees. I’ve had great luck posting on specialized forums in their free classifieds.

Obviously, this works best where you have guns that match the interest of the forum. I’m a handgun hunter, so I’ve made quick sales of several hunting handguns on these types of forums.

Gunbroker and most forums have a FAQ about “How to sell and ship guns” that covers all facets of selling, shipping, and completing transactions legally.

I’ve also consigned some guns, but my advice here would be go only with known high volume dealers who can quickly move guns.

Lastly, you have to be able to accurately grade the condition of a gun AND then price it according to area and market conditions. The majority of private occasional sellers tend to over-grade and over-price their guns. The NRA grading system describes in detail what must be present to achieve a given grade. If you’re not really sure how to assess the condition other than a subjective opinion, I’d suggest having someone who knows the NRA system give you a grade opinion and WHY and then go on from there to set the price.

Grouse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.