ATTENTION IDO USERS WARNING!

• Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Just had a pop up in the advertising section on the IDO website that said I was running low on disk space! Appears to be a SCAM! Anyone see this? Thought somebody else a day or so a go seen similar deal. I have plenty of disk space.

duke.harbaugh

I get some weird stuff that pops up only when on IDO about my computer being infected… and I’m on a phone?

Zach H

I had something pop up earlier tonight saying something about a virus on the website and I should click the ok button to detect it. I simply clicked the X in the upper corner and left the webpage. Haven’t seen it since.

Zach H

Message popped up when I was on my phone as well. Never seen this stuff before.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I get the same thing every now and then on my phone.

jld
    Holmen

There is a scam on Verizon users also. My son and I have each received recorded calls telling us we are receiving a $35 credit. All we need to do is go to some website and register.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Just happened to me! Said I had virus. Don’t click that thing! IDO what ya got going on here?

All systems go here. Ido doesn’t allow “pop ups”.

I finally installed an ad blocker last week. I kinda miss those girls and their tee shirts….

BBKK
    IA

Its not IDO doing it, its either an ad doing it or an already installed virus trying to get you to fully install it.

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Quote:

All systems go here. Ido doesn’t allow “pop ups”.

I finally installed an ad blocker last week. I kinda miss those girls and their tee shirts….

Same here. I’ve had the adblock plus plugin installed on both browsers for quite some time now.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Its not IDO doing it, its either an ad doing it or an already installed virus trying to get you to fully install it.

Exactly, you are probably half way into totally infecting your system. Never click on anything when these pop up. Do a Ctrl Alt Delete, this will open the task manager or give you the opyion to start the task manager depending on what version of windows you are running.

Once the task manager opens click on the Applications tab, look for a running program that you do not recognise or says something about the pop up, click it to highlight it abd then click the End Task button. This will safely close it.

Download Malwarebytes from here and run a full system scan.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve been getting popups saying my tablet has viruses. It is the ads on the right using JavaScript to pop up a message.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

mplspug

Thanks for clarifying that for us.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Same happened on my phone tonight.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

mplspug
    Thanks for clarifying that for us.

That wasn’t confirmed, but it is an assumption. Chrome on my tablet is set to block popups, however, I am not sure that pop up blockers are set to block prompts.

My assumption is based on the ad that shows on the right went it happens. Its something about the Android virus protection. The pop up title bar says something to the affect, “Website xxx is asking” (I forget the exact verbage).

All the ads can contain their own Javascript. It isn’t too invasice either, as long as you realize that it is bogus and you don’t click to follow.

I haven’t seen them on the tablet for the last hour or so, so I wonder if the as server found out and has disabled the ads.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I have hot Russian women on my advertising, then get a popup saying virus as well, man reminds me of my single days. I just rub some cream on the screen and call it good.

fireline
    Rochester

Quote:

I get some weird stuff that pops up only when on IDO about my computer being infected… and I’m on a phone?

I had the same thing.

run&gun
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

I had the same thing.

Same here. First time I’ve seen that. Android phone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.