HIRE Shanahan NOW

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Hire Mike!

Trade AP!

And let the work begin. Shanahan has 15 years of taking unknown RBS And turning them into studs. Lets dump AP while he still has some value, find a quarterback,and begin our “true” rebuilding period.

Ingy

It’s a little early for heavy drinking, dontcha think?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Why trade and rebuild? According to Packer fans, we are inches away from a Super Bowl.

Had we started Cassel, would we have won against the Bears, Cleveland, GB (tie game), Dallas and the Giants and cruised into the playoffs. 3 were last second losses and the Giant game is on Speilman for being a tool.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

GRUDEN…GRUDEN…GRUDEN!!!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We don’t need a coach who’s record the last 4 tears at Washington is 24-39. I don’t think we could get much for AP – Not many teams who would be willing to pay his kind of $ – We may be able to get a late 1st round pick and a 2nd round for him.Given what is available at those spots I don’t think it is worth it. I don’t think we need to go into a total rebuilding mode just yet. Still lots of quality players on the team. They just need a good QB and some defensive back and d line. That plus a good coach who knows how to use and get the best out of his players should get us back into the playoffs in the next few years.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Why trade and rebuild? According to Packer fans, we are inches away from a Super Bowl.

Had we started Cassel, would we have won against the Bears, Cleveland, GB (tie game), Dallas and the Giants and cruised into the playoffs. 3 were last second losses and the Giant game is on Speilman for being a tool.

I don’t think we would have won all of them but maybe enough to make the playoffs

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

We don’t have a QB!!!! and our RB is getting OLD.. and our defense is very average! Sure, a few more wins would have been good enough to win the north but HAD we won those games and made the playoffs do you really think we can take down San Fran or NE or Denver or Seattle or NO or any of the other teams that are “good” in this league? No, not a chance. So,, while we spend time & blow millions to build this stadium, lets work on a team that will win a few games inside of it.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

We don’t need a coach who’s record the last 4 tears at Washington is 24-39. I don’t think we could get much for AP – Not many teams who would be willing to pay his kind of $ – We may be able to get a late 1st round pick and a 2nd round for him.Given what is available at those spots I don’t think it is worth it. I don’t think we need to go into a total rebuilding mode just yet. Still lots of quality players on the team. They just need a good QB and some defensive back and d line. That plus a good coach who knows how to use and get the best out of his players should get us back into the playoffs in the next few years.

Okay,, By rebuild I mean, get a freaking QB that is GOOD and move AP I disagree with your Shanahan assessment. Look at the owner in Washington. He’s so jacked up with everything he does that players don’t even want to play there.. I don’t think Shanahan forgot how to coach,, he was being told what to do inside a crappy organization. He knows what he’s doing and if he’s willing we should take him.. All of the other guys out there like Gruden, Dungy, The Tuna, Billick,, etc… wont come here or even coach again.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I think that you rarely need to rebuild in the NFL. All the teams are so close that a couple of players or a coach make a huge difference.

Look was NO did without Sean Payton and with him. Look what AZ did to come out of nowhere.

I would trade Peterson if you felt like you would be able to replace him or be better without him, but I dont think either is true.

Lets not forget, MN lost their entire defensive backfield and a pro bowl tight end. Meanwhile, Patterson emerged as one of the most dangerous players in the NFL. It is tough to say how close they really are.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Got to agree with Dave on this one. We need a coach that motivates these players to perform to the highest level rather than a “Players Coach” like Frazier. We have players, a new coach may work wonders for this team.

-J.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Les Steckle. Put Ponder through boot camp.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Ponder should have been benched last year when he decided it was more important to get married mid season than focusing on winning. That is the difference in playing for a real coach rather than a players coach.

-J.

bigpike

Shanahan would be the worst hire for the Vikings IMHO: was at least partially responsible for the worst trade in the NFL with the RGIII deal, traded the top of three drafts to move up 4 spots including the #2 overall pick this year. Then left his stud QB in a playoff game when the guy was clearly hurting bad that resulted in his entire knee getting tore up. Was 24-40 with the skins, has not won anything since 1999 when he had Elway. The guy has lost it. But hey good luck on that….

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

For the record, I’m not a Shanahan guy either. Maybe Fran Tarkenton?

-J.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Maybe Jim McMahon can come back to play quarterback???

Gundy

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Let’s get uncle frakin Burnsie off his frakin old wrinkled and see if his frakin coaching works

Now psst off all of you

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Maybe the vikes just take the next couple years off to “really” think about what the team’s problems are, including ownership, and fix them the right way instead of putting bandaids on bullet-holes like they seem to think is the answer.

Ekez

Vikings ownership SUCKS!!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.