Laptop

• riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Looking for a new Laptop. I want it for the Contour Elite program for the boat, a place to organize my pictures, some internet use…etc What are your recommendations as I don’t even know where to start.

Thanks, Jason

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I say Mac Airbook if it can run your programs.
    Ive been running them for 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. Took me a while to warm up to them but I will only have PC fir programs I can not run on Mac.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

2 years on MacBook Pro. I’ll never own another PC. Period.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ve never used a Mac, so I stick with PCs. I’ve had the best luck with Gateway and Acer brands, and I strongly prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8. For the Processor Type, I recommend an Intel Core i3, i5, or i7. I don’t recommend the Intel Pentium, Celeron, or AMD processors.

For processor speeds for laptops I’d recommend anything above 2.3 GHz. Many of the laptops I’ve bought recently for my work are 2.53 GHz. For the System Memory (RAM) I recommend getting 4 GB or higher.

There aren’t as many options for Windows 7 laptops are there are Windows 8, but they are out there. I usually purchase from either Best Buy or newegg.com. Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.