Sewing Machine

• Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a heavy duty sewing machine for material like canvas or light leather? I don’t want a commercial unit necessarily but am in hopes of capable machine for under $500.

Thanks for any help.
    WS

tr
    Plymouth

I would save your money and go to Canvas Craft in Maple grove/Rogers and have them do what you need. Ask for MATT. he is the guy with the answers. unless you are going into the business, and you may have to spend a bit more money.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I bought my wife and Omega sewing machine a few years ago and she loves it. It is from Canada and is industrial strength at a great price. Just Google Omega sewing machines. I think you have to buy through ebay, at least that’s where I found hers.

Ed

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

but am in hopes of capable machine for under $500.

Thanks for any help.

WS

If you find one for less than a $1000 dollars to do that kind of work you will be spending alot of money to fix it before using it.

JMHO Jeff

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Thanks for the replies!

WS

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

My wife has worked in the sewing industry for over 20 years, first at Powers manufacturing, which makes athletic uniforms from high school to pros, and her last job involving sewing was doing upholstery for Life Line, who makes ambulances. She says the Omega machine will and has handled tarp and heavy leather sewing for under $500.00.

Ed

mike ice

I picked up a Babylok machine for a little over a $100 new and have done jeans and sewed in some patches on my snowmobile cover with no problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.