Best / worse Football announcers

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

For me I like Gruden. He can get a bit goofy but he knows what he is talking about. Also he isn’t afraid to call a players name on a bad play. I also like Costas and Nance.

On the local side…………I can’t stand Paul Allen, but that’s just me. Tim Ryan I have trouble with also.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Dennis Miller on MNF was one of the worst decisions for a broadcaster.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Collingsworth is a know it all puke. Wayne Larabie is a great announcer who filled some big shoes with Jim Irwin and Max MaGees departure

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Madden by far the most frickin annoying.
    ” In order to win this game they have to score more points than the other team.”
    Complete moron!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t often watch football, but when I do, I turn down Joe Buck.

He is horrible. I hated him even before the “disgusting” call on Moss, but that took it to another level with me. It was so canned and he was obviously trying to make himself a sound bite.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Madden by far the most frickin annoying.
    ” In order to win this game they have to score more points than the other team.”
    Complete moron!

How about when he called a game that Favre was playing in? I thought he was gonna run on the field and drop to his knees.

fishingdad

Come on now tell me you really don’t miss the Maddenisms.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Hank Stram and Jack Buck on the Radio. Stram knew football inside out and Buck had an awesome voice,

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I’m more of a college football guy so my vote goes to Brent Musburger.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Joe I don’t know #@%% Buck has got to be the worst ever, and Troy Boy isn’t far behind him. Both masters of the obvious. Please shut your trap unless you have something intelligent to say.

Gruden is OK but he goes from kissing a players butt to saying that was terrible on his part, another one telling us what we already know.

I guess it’s not an easy job but I prefer the local announcers any day. I think the Vikings, Packers and Eagles have and had great local announcers, Merrill Reese, Tom Brookshier, for the Eagles are two that I will always remember.

Harry Kalas was the greatest voice over for NFL films and a really good announcer for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Oh yea almost forgot Chris Collingsworthless is another bust.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I will not listen to Paul Allen…Too cocky!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I love Gruden. His passion and knowledge for football is awesome, the man loves his job and it shows.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

How many remeber Howard Cosell and Monday night football?
    He made one famous remark that ended his career. I still remeber seeing it like it was yesterday.
    Personally I miss Max Magee!!!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Safe ice, fresh minnows…LET’S GO!!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Love Paul Allen, Boom!

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

Ray Scott best ever, good voice, Great Packer man.
    Worst was Dennis Miller.
    Howard Cosell, his wig, along with Dandy Don, what a pair, at least they were entertaining to listen too.
    TURN OUT THE LIGHTS…….. Da party’s over

ozzyky
    On water

I was driving back from Bemidji area ice fishing this weekend and listened to the entire Viking game on radio (Packer fan). I listen to PA from 9-12 once in a while but he’s more annoying on game day than then. It was much more enjoyable listening to Larabee once I got closer to WI. Another advantage of being a packer fan I guess. They all have their own personalities some of us like some don’t. For me I would much rather listen to Pat and John than Joe and Troy.

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

My worst was/is Dan Dierdorf. Talk about sucking up to the team that is wining or his favorite team.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Quote:

Quote:

Safe ice, fresh minnows…LET’S GO!!

Too Funny!!

michael-d

Paul Allen is horrible but let’s not forget the sideline ridiculousness of Greg Coleman! I didn’t mind Madden and Pat Summerall, kinda balanced out.

olgetcher

I agree Brian, Gruden tells it like it is. I love when he questions referees on very questionable calls. Worst has to be Troy Aikman. He needs to learn indifference when it comes to calling games that include “Americas Team” NOT !!!

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I like Dan Fouts.

Not sure why he does not announce more games. He has a very good knowledge of the game which is easy to listen to…

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Come on, noone has mentioned Bob Costas and his anti-gun speech? It must be all Unicorns and Rainbows in his world.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Just beat me to it…but love Gruden, loved Madden, and wouldn’t p*ss on Costas if he was on fire!

matt185
    Stewartville, MN

Quote:

Paul Allen is horrible but let’s not forget the sideline ridiculousness of Greg Coleman!

Harrison Ford’s return is questionable!

My vote goes for Al Michaels, with Gruden being a close second. The worst would have to be Michaels side kick Collinsworthless.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

Quote:

Listen to you all assume he’s going to be effective after his very long hiatus…cute!

I know. Rodgers is good but he’s no Matt Cassel. I don’t think he could put 48 points on the board against one of the hottest teams in the NFL…

I thought Madden brought a lot of insight into some of of the nuances of the game…how can you disagree with the “left foot-right foot official’s spot”? He did throw in some nonsense so you had to filter. He was also a helluva head coach.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i am glad Theismann in no longer an announcer

hazencm22
    Eau Claire, WI

Joe buck and.troy. I mute the tv and turn on the radio when I watch the packers.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Current TV announcers – yuck – unless you want to hear how fantastic the team is that currently has the lead (witness the Packer/Cowboy game).

I like the local guys. Usually turn down the tube and tune in when I can even with the delay. Ya they are all homers to an extent. PA takes it to an extreme but is entertaining on game day (just can’t listen to 9-noon because he keeps going in same mode 365). Irwin and Magee made listening to 26 years of Packer suckdum enjoyable to listen to while travel to the next pheasant spot. Too bad Magee decided to clean his own gutters even though he was a multimillionaire. Larave (sp?) and Macarren are good replacements…call it like it is even when it hurts and still try to be optimistic.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Anti gunner Costas is the slime of it all. PA is bad also. I just hate it when he tries to talk hockey

Gundy

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.