LOTW Sleeper House Recomendations

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

I’m sure there is allready a thread for this somewhere, but I could not find it…. Going to try LOTW for the first time this winter with a group of buddies. Our experience on Milles Lacs last winter left a sour taste in our mouths, so going to make a little bit farther drive this year in hope of better results. So, which resorts do you guys that have been up there before favor? We are more interested in a sleeper shack versus the Cabin\ Day House option. Priority number one is catching fish but also want a decent house as well. Were all pretty avid fisherman, so don’t really need anybody to hold our hands as long as were on a decent spot. So let’s hear it, good, bad, and\ or ugly. Thanks a bunch in advance guys!!!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Honestly, I might not do the sleeper up there. I remember reading one report last year of some guys that got some night bite. Other than the one report everything is consistent – sun sets = sleeping fish.

Now if you want the sleeper for other reasons than a night bite, that’s a different question.

We did the cabin and daily ride out from Sportsman’s. They did a great job and will use them again.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

My advice and experience (learned the hard way) that shortly after sun sets, get the lines up

Do Not go to sleep with rattle reels down unless you don’t mind a tangled up horrible mess (which is what happen to us everytime we did it)
    Them pout have a way of takings your lines with out setting off a rattle reel, and they are masters at getting into all of them.

I had my wheel house up there quite a few times and count easily on one hand how many walleye suager we cuaght after true sunset. Not many.
    It’s was still fun being out there but I now take “My” smarter route and that’s get off that frozen tundra at night and enjoy running water and shower.

Guess just my $.02

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Before we had a wheel house We used Adrians for sleepers. They are new wheel houses. Sorry, I have no inside pics on this computer.

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thanks for all the replies so far guys. In all honesty, we know that there isn’t much of a night bite up there but just like the idea of spending the whole weekend on the ice. Its something we all haven’t done much of but like quite a bit. Just something about being able to watch the sunset and rise on the ice with lines in I guess. On the other hand, one of our group did go up to LOTW a few years ago and got his PB eye an hour after sunset, so I guess once and awhile it does happen. Anyways keep the suggestions coming please! And especially, WHY, you are recommending where you are. Really appreciate any and all help. Just want to make sure we have a better experience this year….

shockers
    Rochester

Ditto regarding no night bite. Unless u like pout.
    But to each his own. We’ve used day shacks from ken mar ki last few years. Very friendly and good service.

dairycat

I go out of Sportsman’s Lodge also, they work hard for you. If you go back in at night they have a nice supper club and bands every night in the bar

Chad

scott19

IMO the best sleepers on L.O.T.W. is Lyons Sleepers!! Tim Lyons, Justin, and Scott do everything in there power to keep you on fish, he has satellite day houses too, if you want to try another spot. He’s located Between Zippel bay, and Morris Point Resort! Check him out!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.