HVAC question

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

Recently had my duct work cleaned, it is an older remodeled home and the guys said it was one of the worst they have seen.The other day a co-worker asked me if they disinfected the duct work when they were done. I haven’t heard of that being done or is there a way a person could do it themselves?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Did it have dead racoons or Hoffa’s body in it? What are you disinfecting? Live on and don’t worry about it.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Quote:

Did it have dead racoons or Hoffa’s body in it? What are you disinfecting? Live on and don’t worry about it.

Not sure what was all in there. the wife just said the guy dowstairs let out a scream, could have been Jimmy. Seriuosly I would imagine alot of cat hair from the prev owners, plus sheet rock dust and sawdust from sanding the wood floors. I am not sure about the disinfecting the ductwork, never heard of it before thats why I asked here.

garyeg

Many things find there way into the duct work. The least desirable I can think of is mice feces. For that matter, I recall my kid plugging the upstairs toilet and over flow ended up in the ducts. Anyway, the list goes on, as you may imagine. An antimicrobial spray is a common and recommended application post cleaning.

josh a

Sheetrock dust and sawdust are nothing to worry about. There are millions of homes and commercial buildings whose duct work has never been cleaned at all, its a tad overrated if you ask me.

deertracker

Glad to hear I dont have the only kid that overflowed the toilet and it ended.in the duct work
    DT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.