Unfortunate news, BASS pro is shot

• Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Sad news to hear this morning. BASS Pro James Johnson was shot and killed outside his hotel. Even worse, his wife was with him at the hotel. It is suspected that James’ boat was getting broken into, before the shooting happened. Not good for BASS and fishermen all around. James Johnson shot and killed.

FryDog62

Gives some broader perspective to the polls and discussion on this site about leaving your boat or electronics outside where someone might try to steal it. Very unfortunate…

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

It does suck… and most likely was a random theft happening that early in the evening. You would think a pro would have waiting for most to be sleeping. A reminder – you never know who is carrying.

As far as leaving things in the boat… theft happens. Not saying this happened or anything – but I personally would never directly confront a person stealing without an extreme advantage if force was called for to protect myself when doing so. My first answer, get distance, and make a lot of noise while on the cell phone calling 911. You have to think he stumbled across the act and just couldn’t get away. Another tragic loss.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Very unfortunate, that’s the last thing anyone should have to worry about when traveling for a tournament.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Very unfortunate, that’s the last thing anyone should have to worry about when traveling for a tournament.

…or traveling anywhere.

It’s a sad day for the fishing world.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Wow, that is really sad.

So, where do you put your electronics, tackle, rods and reels. IPilot, kicker, and the rest? Truck? Motel room?

Just wondering…maybe I should post on the mentioned survey.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Yes, sad news and it could happen to anyone of us when traveling or even at home with some of the P.O.S. running around coveting other peoples stuff and carrying no value for human life.

May Jimmy Johnson R.I.P.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was recently up north at a buddy’s cabin. We stayed up pretty late enjoying adult time. I walked out to the truck on several occasions to grab refills out of the topper. When we woke up in the morning his truck had been broken in to. I’ve thought about it a lot. Had I walked up on the thief, I’d probably have confronted them knowing myself. A bad idea no doubt.

RIP Jim!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I’d probably have confronted them knowing myself.

…..a round with the Champ. The D-bag would not have a chance!

I lived in Jacksonville MS for a few months. Pretty much the armpit of this county if you ask me. I’ll never go back.

-J.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

As nice as it is that they caught the scumbag who ended Jimmy Johnson ‘s life, it doesn’t change the fact that he is gone… But now everyone has closure that this waste of life will get justice! Suspect in the shooting is caught!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.