New Twinkies; good but not quite the same

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

Tried my first “new” comeback Twinkie today. I was certainly glad they made a comeback but I must say someting is just a little different with them. Spent a little time trying to figure out what might have changed.

Were they made on the same food processing line?? Same plant?? I am sure the ingredients are the same but maybe they changed their ingredient suppliers?? Could be there new labor force hasn’t quite got all the steps figured out in the process?? They even look a little darker; maybe different ovens in the process??

Anybody else noticed this about the new Twinkies?? They were good but not quite the same

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

BrianK. Any thoughts?

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Just bought a box, ate one thought the same. Ate another to verify, still wasn’t sure. Ate one more and almost instantly had gut rot. Yup, they are the same.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I bought a box and they were all young and tender. Not like the ones in your twinpack. They have always varied. At least with a twin pack you can see what they look like.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

I’ve noticed that on the new Hostess cupcakes they are not quite the same either. Frosting seems to be about 1/2 the thickness it used to be and it wasn’t very thick on the old ones.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

I see the twinks are back on the shelf, company broke the Union! I’ll be price didn’t go down because of ALL those so called high wages!! I wonder where all that money is going! plus their smaller & and don’t taste as good! (unbelievable) while all those hard working people are without jobs!! B.S.!! Corrupt Company!! Sorry i’m done!! Won’t be any of those in my place!!!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

At least these Twinkies didn’t ask for taxpayers to help pay for their new stadium and then continue to suck.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Or the union broke the company I ‘spose one could say….either way, thanks for the reminder. I haven’t heard boo since Sept 5th.

Sent Hostess a little reminder. I had an earlier post about getting 5 twinks in my sealed box of ten.

Yeah, smaller for sure. I didn’t want to say anything about tasting different because it’s been a long while since I’ve had on.

Kinda takes the TWINKLE out of the TWINKIE.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I see the twinks are back on the shelf, company broke the Union! I’ll be price didn’t go down because of ALL those so called high wages!! I wonder where all that money is going! plus their smaller & and don’t taste as good! (unbelievable) while all those hard working people are without jobs!! B.S.!! Corrupt Company!! Sorry i’m done!! Won’t be any of those in my place!!!

Uh, the union actually broke the company. They filed for bankruptcy and were bought by some mean old greedy investment group, probably just looking to pad the wallets of their greedy investors.

I for one am glad that those workers were replaced with robots and squirrels who they don’t have to pay wages to.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Aww Jez Pug…. why couldn’t you just stick with the guys with little twinkies rant and not have to pick on the squirrels.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Even with a reminder they can’t give you another box of twinkies? that’s not good for public relations. You’d think they would have another box in the mail within a few days.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I just sent a reminder yesterday.

Personally I don’t really care, except the email reply said I would be contacted by mail.

Do what you say, or don’t say it. <- Twinkie would have gone good with that coffee.

Oh, I sent a link to this thread along as well.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good Brian on the thread send, because my wifes having a dilemma wondering whats going on. A twinky a day will keep the doctor away.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Even with a reminder they can’t give you another box of twinkies? that’s not good for public relations. You’d think they would have another box in the mail within a few days.

You can’t send out Twinkies right away……..they need to be aged. Brian will have Twinkies for his grand daughters 1st. birthday party.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So if they are aged a year before selling, does that change the freshness date?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good in depth thinking Brian,

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

A couple Twinkies live on in this post.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill…or a Twinkie.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

So if they are aged a year before selling, does that change the freshness date?

No, they post date them 12 months anyway.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve never craved a twinkie more in my life. Thanks a lot guys!!!!!

little-t
    Plymouth WI

I like the twinkies too! Maybe they just need a new manager . OH, you’re talking about those delicious snacks!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Tried my first “new” comeback Twinkie today. I was certainly glad they made a comeback but I must say someting is just a little different with them. Spent a little time trying to figure out what might have changed.

Were they made on the same food processing line?? Same plant?? I am sure the ingredients are the same but maybe they changed their ingredient suppliers?? Could be there new labor force hasn’t quite got all the steps figured out in the process?? They even look a little darker; maybe different ovens in the process??

Clearly all of the problems are caused by a manufacturing engineer failure.

Process variation = product variation = engineering failure. Somebody needs to open up a big ol’ can-o’-Lean on those cupcakes.

Grouse

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ya Grouse, somebodys got to do things right.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.