The League – Speaking of TV Shows

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Anybody else watch this show. It kind of falls into today’s comedies, over the top characters and ridiculous plots.

Anybody else hooked on it? It seems to still be under the radar.

For those not in the know, it is loosely based on a group of friends in a fantasy football league and features a lot of cameos by NFL players. Its similar to Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I’ve watched it until this year. Changed to FXX and I don’t have that channel. Very disappointed.

Hilarious show.

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Anything would be better than the weeks of Big Brother I just sat through to please the wife. Would have rather had all my nails pulled with a frkn pliers.

The things a man does to be able to go fishing when you want without any crap!!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Only Gunsmoke,Andy Griffith and Bonanza reruns for me

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

What is this “TV” you guy’s are talking about?? A new fish’n lure

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I love The League. I even adopted Taco as the name I use for places that ask my name who really dont need my name.

Current TV shows on my list:

The League
    Longmire
    Breaking Bad
    Walking Dead
    Impractical Jokes
    Modern Family
    The Middle
    Raising Hope
    Derek (only 7 shows, must see on Netflix)
    Sons of Anarchy
    Hell on Wheels
    Always Sunny

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

If you have Netflix, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are some of the best Action/Drama shows ever. Their plots are absolutely amazing. Honestly though, my favorite show of all time AND it’s on Netflix is Prison Break. The story line of that show is absolutely nuts. You can’t predict anything in any episode.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Anything would be better than the weeks of Big Brother I just sat through to please the wife. Would have rather had all my nails pulled with a frkn pliers.

Reality shows with the girlfriend are a secret vice of mine. Well, they were secret. We usually watch them on DVR over dinner. Yeah, I watch all the bad ones too. I can name every housewife from every city.

This Big Brother season was one of the worst ever. I sure hope JM doesn’t go into public speaking or ever has to plead for her life.

I’ve said to much. Who has an open seat?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Pug,You deserve a seat in the electric chair after admitting all that on an open forum.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Quote:

Pug,You deserve a seat in the electric chair after admitting all that on an open forum.

No kidding. My cousin was on Big Brother and Big Brother all-stars and I still couldn’t get past 1 1/2 episodes.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I watch The League. Just a great tv show. Got caught up on the seasons I missed on Netflix. If you are big into fatasy football it would be hard to understand most jokes and team names that online fantasy “bloggers and experts” are talking about without having seen the show.

hnd

i watched the first 3 episodes of season 1. people i know have said its toned down since then but when i watched it was semi humorous but tried too hard and had plenty of unnecessary sexual ridiculousness. i guess i’m a prude.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.